Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
My R1 thinks she's a Twin
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/Gals
I'm looking at buying a corsair V but I need some reviews from my forum family. I have a vector at the moment and I would happily get another but I really want to try the corsair V. Do you use air plugs? Is it as noisy as people say it is? I'm looking to pull the trigger soon on this so I'm trying to get as much info as possible.
Mike

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
Surpirise!...it's me! :lol

I have a Vector 2 and a Corsair V, until I wrecked it :(. These are my opinions....

The CV has a plusher lining with closer/fuller fitting cheek pads.
It flows more air than the Vector, and I haven't noticed if it's any louder 'cause I wear earplugs.
The entry hole into the CV is smaller than the V2, and the lining is designed to wick away sweat more.
And the CV is lighter than the V2 going by my built in skull scale! :lol
The CV has a quick release cheek pad removal system, so the paramedics can remove them before they try and remove the helmet.
And I don't know if it's because I have a strong neck....but the little spoiler on the CV may have stopped the buffeting at 280+KMPH, at Phillip Island.

I regret trashing my Corsair V almost as much as I regret crashing my 06. it's by far the most luxurious and comfortable piece of high tech crash hat I've ever owned. I'll be buying another as soon as I can afford it. :thumbup

·
1290!
8,635 Posts
Skull scale :lol

Nice review... I need a new stack hat.

·
Amphibious Tinbender
555 Posts
Have an old Vector now, tried on both V2 and CV and will be getting the Corsair as soon as the gubmint pays me back that free loan I gave them all last year. Funny thing, the new Vector 2 doesn't fit my melon. Assuming they changed the interior shape. The Corsair is snug, but fits my aerodynamic dome a lot better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Moving sucks...
10,143 Posts
Superb helmet, I've got a couple of them. Ear plugs should be worn regardless of what helmet you use. You'll quickly get used to them and hearing loss is more of a bitch than most people think it would be.

·
RIP #58
1,727 Posts
I loved my Corsair V as well

You just have to make sure it fits your head due to the shape of the helmet

The helmet for me was just a tad bit short in the face ,, other than just a personal fit problem brilliant helmet

I too am devo that I trashed mine :(

·
Timekeeper
335 Posts
Getting the CV over the RX-Q should only be done for two reasons.

1) you like a CV graphics so much better than anything else you wouldn't be satified otherwise.

and/or 2) The CV would be the helmet you take to the track.

The RX-Q is actually Arai's street version of the CV. I have the RX-Q and love it. The Vector2 is more for a standard riding position where as the rxq and CV are for more forward leaning bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,782 Posts
I had a Vector before my C5 and would get another C5 in a NY minute. The Vector is a very good helmet but I think the C5 is definately worth the price. My wish list helmet is the Doohan IOM limited edition. Hard to find now though.

·
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great reviews peeps thanks. I was surprised at how well the CV fit when i tried it on at the show on Sunday. For some strange reason i had always thought that the top level Arai lids were tailored to a longer shaped head(mine being very round lol). I hadn't tried one on until last weekend and now i just want to know if its truly worth it over another vector.
I am also going to try the ear plug route as i really don't want to be damaging my ears, any suggestions on a pair that do the job without breaking the bank?
Cheers again peeps!
Mike

·
Stuntin' every other day
4,585 Posts
I've got a Corsair V and yes it is noisy but the fit and finish are great.

The only thing is that it lets in quite a lot of air and I find that I also get some debris coming in. Its happened where I've got some thing stuck in my eye due to the ventilation blowing stuff in.

·
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You saying it lets in dust too?
Mike

I've got a Corsair V and yes it is noisy but the fit and finish are great.

The only thing is that it lets in quite a lot of air and I find that I also get some debris coming in. Its happened where I've got some thing stuck in my eye due to the ventilation blowing stuff in.

·
Stuntin' every other day
4,585 Posts
You saying it lets in dust too?
Mike
Yup lets in more dust than I'm used to. Some times it feels like you've left the visor open just a tiny bit and the dust or whatever comes in and can get in your eyes.

I might be the only one with this complaint thought, I haven't heard anyone else say that about their Corsair V.

·
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've never heard that before either!
Mike

Yup lets in more dust than I'm used to. Some times it feels like you've left the visor open just a tiny bit and the dust or whatever comes in and can get in your eyes.

I might be the only one with this complaint thought, I haven't heard anyone else say that about their Corsair V.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts