Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tin Foil Hat
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Color: Black Frost
Shield: Silver Mirror

Comfort: I've got to say, out of all the helmet I've owned, this has got to be the most comfortable helmet I've ever purchased. Normally there is something about the helmet that eventually get uncomfortable to me, during long rides (ears, forehead area). But with the Corsair V, I have yet to find any issues with comfort yet. I've owned the helmet for about 2 weeks.

Noise: Wind noise with the helmet on seems slightly less than other helmets I've had. On the flip side, I feel like I can hear my exhaust better with it on, seems a bit more boomy to me. Most times I have ear buds in so that's a rather mute point. I do notice a slight whistle with the visor up, and cruising around 45+ MPH

Fitment: I really like that Arai has more sizes for a more precise fitment. I happened to measure out to be a large. The shape of the helmet is a bit different than my last helmet (icon airframe). My face seems to be closer to the front of the helmet on the inside. But, less material there = weight saved.

Weight: This thing is SUPER light compared to anything else I've ever owned or picked up helmet wise.

Aerodynamics: When I'm wearing it, it seems like it literally cuts through the air. With my old Airframe, I would get issues when cruising on the highway with my helmet wanting to move around because of wind drafts. The Corsair V doesn't get caught in any of that, which is awesome.

Venting: I love how cool this keep my head. With a ton of options for opening and closing vents (six adjustable vents), it really keeps you cool on a hot day.

Cost: yes this helmet is rather expensive, but when you look at the cost of your life, its negligible. I find if I like a helmet, I'll want to wear it, and that might save my life someday.

·
Tin Foil Hat
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Recreational adrenaline user
1,375 Posts
Agree with everything OP said. I wear mine all the time.

Its not the only awesome helmet out there, but you do know what you're getting when you go with an Arai.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts