Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
My R1 eats my wallet
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could choose, which is the better helmet? A left over 2003 Arai Quantum F, or a Shoei RF-1000? Both are about same cost. Opinions wanted. Thanks

·
L8R2U
21,412 Posts
Thats easy Arai!! :hellobye

·
Registered
156 Posts
Kinda depends on the shape of your head. The Arai Quantum F fit me better then the Shoei RF helmets. Try them both on and see what feels better.

·
My one is me!
213 Posts
I think it depends on whether you have a peanut head or a fat head.

The large for both Shoei and Arai fit differently for me...

Shoei for my fat melon

·
The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
2,467 Posts
:fact

Attachments

·
Banned
536 Posts
I think the 1000 is a better helmet than the quantum and whats up will all this head shape thing. Arais are very flexible on head shape with all its different thicknesses of pads. Me and my roommate have very different head shaeps and we both wear a corsair (his is an rx7 technically) . Im a peanut and he is a round head. I needed thicker cheek pads he needed thinner pads that was the only difference. Take it from a guy who has had and loved both. Shoei is definitly more queit but arais have a higher quality (like a hair more not a big diff). Shoeis visor change beats arai hands down but arais graphics are much better. Be aware that shoeis run larger than arais (atleast for me).

·
Registered
455 Posts
Shoei RF 1000........I just bought mine a few days ago.........fits great and is very light...........I've had a Shoei RF 700 for years.....it was time to update........I agree with valerossi "it depends on your head shape"......try them both see which fits better.....both are great helmets........

·
Speed & Style
282 Posts
I had the same question but got an Arai from ebay just a couple of days ago. I think it's an awesome helmet. I got an Arai Quatum Okada for under $300 from ebay. Highly recommended!

·
My R1 eats everything
372 Posts
absolutely, positively, with out exception......ARAI!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
220 Posts
dude believe me i had an arai, and i just bought my duhamal rep, the shoei is way bettta.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a shoei rf-900 and an arai quantum f. I love my arai so much i am getting a Arai RX 7 Corsair next payday. THey are both very good brands but for the money go Arai.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts