Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Loving it!
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Arai RX-7 to in solid black. My question is has anyone seen this helmet in person becuase in the picture it looks flat black. Also does anyone have another brand preference over Arai. I see that Icon has a flat black. This is going with my 04 Red R1 that just got here tonight.

:fork

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Arai is the shiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would change your sig too if you allready got the bike :sneaky

I have an Rx7rr4 and it is a great helmet, a bit snug for an XL but really nice. The helmet in black is not flat it is glossy for sure.

·
Loving it!
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does Arai make a helmet that is flat black? Or do you think the gloss helmet looks better. I saw an Icon helmet in flat black, and it looked awesome, but had stupid crome vents.

·
Loving it!
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not stuck on the idea of flat black either, I just thought it would be easier to find a black helmet than one that matches the red on the bike. Open to suggestions

Here is that Icon Helmet

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ladies, ladies, ladies.......

DAMN!!!!! Matching color, this, matching color that.
Does this flat black my head look fat??

Are you gonna phone alpinestars to make sure their new boots match your bike exactly too!!!!!!

You're riding a bike, not trapesing down a god damn runway sucking in your cheeks looking for photo ops!

Seriously though, once the helmet is on your head, YOU CAN'T SEE IT! NOBODY CARES IF IT MATCHES!!! Spend more time riding and less time looking at your reflection in store windows as you ride by!

I am outta here!!

lobo86

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
The arai corsair is gloss black and there is not one in flat black.

Comparing the corsait arai to the icon is like comparing an indy car to a go cart.The arai is that much better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lobo86 said:

Does this flat black make my head look fat??
THAT was funny!!! :lol

but i am also guilty of wanting things to match...i have the arai and mine is glossy black (i don't know if arai makes a flat black)...i think you'll be better off matching the black on the helmet (glossy or flat) with the black on the bike than you will trying to match the red. the helmet is great.

·
Transmission Abuser.
1,573 Posts
I have the RX7 black, and it is gloss finish, not flat black.

Belgium.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts