Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to kyleracing, and looked at their site. The full system will run $1399, will be avalible at end of Mar. per web site. Kyle's said slip-on possiblely in june, but hopefully sooner.

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
GREAT.....

Any idea on that price for the slip on???

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They didn't have a price for the slip-on but I would assume it will be comparible to the rest, around $800 - $900.

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
Shane said:
They didn't have a price for the slip-on but I would assume it will be comparible to the rest, around $800 - $900.
am I the only one around here that thinks 800 dollars for a slip on is insane?

its a frikin muffler for God sakes? isnt it?

sorry.. just venting. Im too broke to buy all this overpriced stuff I want for my machine. Thank God someone else blew the money on a pipe before I bought it..

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
Hopefully bikes won't get as bad as cars - like $35,000 pickup trucks and $50,000 suvs... Things are getting outta hand!

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Actually its teh same price as any other 2 can system. The Slip ons on my RC51 were 850 also. Figure 300 - 350 per cannister and then 100 or so for each connecting pipe...

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
:cool: :cool: any pics?

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
graves Ti slip on right from their site for an 02-3

Titanium Slip-On Exhaust Systems
Oval Muffler - High Exit* R1 Year: 2002-2003 Part #: EX027TIOH $559.00

Thats only one pipe. have you priced micron lately also?

I agree that they should get a little more for 2 cans but let me bend right over for them..
whoa...thank you

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
who is arata? i know graves is tight with yamaha racing, akrapovic was tight with HRC, Arrow was tight with Aprilia. but who the hell is arata? they're not a race company are they?

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
fastdiablo said:
who is arata? i know graves is tight with yamaha racing, akrapovic was tight with HRC, Arrow was tight with Aprilia. but who the hell is arata? they're not a race company are they?
Im not sure but I was talking with one of the guys that reps for Arata at the bike show and he showed me some impressive dyno numbers from thier pipes, not to mention they look like they are made great

I think the dyno numbers on the r1 were better than akro and graves by a few hp. Of course.. it was their dyno if you know what I mean

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
over_dose said:
Im not sure but I was talking with one of the guys that reps for Arata at the bike show and he showed me some impressive dyno numbers from thier pipes, not to mention they look like they are made great

I think the dyno numbers on the r1 were better than akro and graves by a few hp. Of course.. it was their dyno if you know what I mean
I talked to the same rep in Detroit, the new distributor is in Huntington Beach, CA. Company name is "Center of Gravity". They are also the US OGK distributors.

Heres the links-
Arata Exhaust: www.arata-ex.com
OGK helmets: www.ogk-helmet.com

[email protected] or [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts