Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just installed my full Arata exhaust and now I'm getting a little worried. After doing a closer inspection I noticed that the radiator is a little close to the headers. I didn't see how close the stock headers were compared with the new ones but this seems a little close for comfort. Here are some pics to show you how close they actually are from each other. Arata owners please let me know how this compares to yours.

Also I noticed that the headers after 2-3 minutes start glowing red. Is this also normal for the headers to do? Again I didn't notice it before with the stock headers but then again I wasn't really looking before.

Here are the pics of the headers/radiator

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Yes its normal for them to be close and yes its normal for them to be glowing just like your lady friend (rosie cheeks).

BD

·
Member 1352
1,904 Posts
I would go with what BD says. Do you have a PCIII? I can't remember if you did or not. A remap might help also. Just double check the radiator mount, theres a little bushing on the tab side that might be out of place causing an improper gap. I can't wait to hear that bitch. How about I come to your place on Sunday to get the stands instead so I can check it out...
And what about the Akra?$$

Congrats on the Arata, I'm sure you will love it cause I've heard nothing but good about it...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jboat said:
I would go with what BD says. Do you have a PCIII? I can't remember if you did or not. A remap might help also. Just double check the radiator mount, theres a little bushing on the tab side that might be out of place causing an improper gap. I can't wait to hear that bitch. How about I come to your place on Sunday to get the stands instead so I can check it out...
And what about the Akra?$$

Congrats on the Arata, I'm sure you will love it cause I've heard nothing but good about it...

Feel free to drop by on Sunday. I should be home call my cell phone before you drop by.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts