Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had a full Arata Titanium exhaust on my bike for a little while now, and have been thoroughly pleased with it's performance-to-cost ratio. I picked up a significant amount of horsepower, and the bike sounds much better.The fit and finish is flawless, and the welds are perfect. It was extemely easy to install.

Another plus is that it allowed me to remove the large oval canister, and plut a 300mm Ladybird titanium canister on instead. I did have to remove the Arata high-mount exhaust hanger to do this, but I was able to replace it with a Harris standard mount titanium hanger. If you are running stock rearsets you might not have to get another hanger, but with my Gilles set all the way back and up, the pipe would have hit the rear sets with the short Arata hanger.

One important point to note. The Arata 430mm oval can is a very deep, comfortable tone. It is fairly quiet at idle, and is very pleasant. In contrast, the Ladybird is ear-splitting, and is a true race exhaust. You will NEED earplugs with it. I would suggest investing in some Howard Leight Max to go with it. The baffle for the Ladybird canister is $15 dollars, and I got it as well, but I will probably never use it. It rattles too much, and makes the bike then sound like an upset Civic.

If you do go with the full exhaust, you will need to add a Power Commander at the very least, plus invest in a custom tune. Plan that into your exhaust budget as well.

Verdict: If you have the extra cash, it's nice to have.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
just found this thread, where did you get the pipe from & how much? I just ordered a hindle header and link pipe for a R71 I plan on building and need a pipe I was looking at the sato gp pipes. I live in metro atlanta where do you ride at I have to hear this setup in person. thanks ROD

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sato GP cannisters are VERY similar to the Ladybird cans. Both are high quality titanium cannisters, and both are 60mm mounts.
My cannister came from moto-works.co.jp. Simon is the man. rorlow hooked me up with him. With the baffle plate and shipping, it was $375 to my door.
r71 is on here and is nearby, he has the ultimate r71. You should see it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi mate
the satos are stainless.Only the ends are titanium.The ladybird is all titanium and much better quality imo.
For the baffle you can drill holes in it(on the flat metal around the main outlet)
this will make the bike louder than the stock baffle(which is quiet)but will make it sound more managable than without the baffle.
Please post a bigger pic!i want to see the hanger

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi mate
the satos are stainless.Only the ends are titanium.The ladybird is all titanium and much better quality imo.
For the baffle you can drill holes in it(on the flat metal around the main outlet)
this will make the bike louder than the stock baffle(which is quiet)but will make it sound more managable than without the baffle.
Please post a bigger pic!i want to see the hanger
Good idea! I'll drill the baffle out later at the shop. I might use it then for Bike Week. Otherwise, I will have to take the 929 - because the R1 is too loud for my wife. I'll try the baffle first though.

BTW - I've gotten used to it being loud now, and I just wear earplugs whenever I ride (I should anyways). Everyone stops to ask me what it is. There are no other similar setups here.

I'll take a better pic later with another camera, I just went outside to snap these for you for now.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
Thanks for responding, simon if you could pm me the info for the ladybird im ready to buy. I should have the hindle header & link pipe next week would the ladybird mount correctly? This is my current 2000 R1 love it, I could go and get a 08 R1 but I have my mind set on another 98-01 as a backup. David I was about to go ride but it started raining i'll pm you my phone# would like to see your's and R71 bikes maybe we could meet and ride someday. Thanks ROD

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for responding, simon if you could pm me the info for the ladybird im ready to buy. I should have the hindle header & link pipe next week would the ladybird mount correctly? This is my current 2000 R1 love it, I could go and get a 08 R1 but I have my mind set on another 98-01 as a backup. David I was about to go ride but it started raining i'll pm you my phone# would like to see your's and R71 bikes maybe we could meet and ride someday. Thanks ROD
Simon is definately the man to get it from. The K-Factory one looks awesome as well. He has those also.

·
SuperMod Abuser
27,668 Posts
Hey guys - just wanted to thank you all for all the great info here. The info you guys share is helping me, and I'm sure a few others build the dream R1 and I just want y'all to know that I really appreciate it! :thumbup

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that it was just under $1300 total including shipping for everything.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A couple of us rode last Sunday a little. We went to visit a friend who can't ride until he heals from surgery. I will ride if the weather is good.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
you still have my phone # it looks to at least be in the mid 50's hope it doesnt rain. My sharkskinz should be in next week and hopefully the endurance light from japan not far behind. Going to need it painted

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
here's the K-Factory for reference too, also from Simon & Moto-Works.jp, about $50 more than the Ladybird with the bluing options I choose :bow

mines mated to a Sato Racing Ti link pipe & Sato Ti hanger . . . and yes those are Akro springs, they outlast all the rest :sneaky

Attachments

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.