Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
AMA Life Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What site has the best price on a full system for an 06 R1?

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
I picked mine up from OPP racing last year and they were pretty pricey.... But, at the time, it was hard finding anyone that had them. Maybe now there are folks that have em on hand now.:dunno

·
AMA Life Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked mine up from OPP racing last year and they were pretty pricey.... But, at the time, it was hard finding anyone that had them. Maybe now there are folks that have em on hand now.:dunno
What's your impression of the Arata? Sound? Performance improvement? Dynoed?
Thanks

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
What's your impression of the Arata? Sound? Performance improvement? Dynoed?
Thanks
I've not dynoed my bike...ever... so I couldn't tell you what kind of gains I picked up when I put it on, plus I threw a PCIII in at the same time. I can tell you that I love the system. It's a throatier note at idle than stock and screams at WOT. The fit and finish is top notch, definitely don't have any complaints about that. All in all you won't go wrong if you pick one up.

Attachments

·
One corner at a time...
494 Posts
I've not dynoed my bike...ever... so I couldn't tell you what kind of gains I picked up when I put it on, plus I threw a PCIII in at the same time. I can tell you that I love the system. It's a throatier note at idle than stock and screams at WOT. The fit and finish is top notch, definitely don't have any complaints about that. All in all you won't go wrong if you pick one up.
Are those CF or the Matte Black can? I have the Ti on my red R1. Got any pics of the bike up close?

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
Are those CF or the Matte Black can? I have the Ti on my red R1. Got any pics of the bike up close?
They're the CF cans... All the close up shots I have of them are too big for the forum and I can't get to anywhere to resize them. (I'm deployed right now)

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
Good call Tom, hang on let me do a search in the files..... This is the only one I could find on the discs I have at work, it's not a close up but a better angle than the others. I'll check tonight and see if I have any others

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,768 Posts
I love my Arata and don't think I'd buy a different exhaust for my future bikes..

If I had an 04-06 - I would definitely get the Arata Generation system.. Pricey, but rare, and worth it (pics attached).

Here's a pic of my Arata on my 03..

Attachments

·
AMA Life Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info.
BTW...........Nice looking ride!

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
I love my Arata and don't think I'd buy a different exhaust for my future bikes..

If I had an 04-06 - I would definitely get the Arata Generation system.. Pricey, but rare, and worth it (pics attached).

Here's a pic of my Arata on my 03..

Nobody asked you about your 03 Arata system Nick....:secret: :crash :lol :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
18,768 Posts
Nobody asked you about your 03 Arata system Nick....:secret: :crash :lol :lol :lol
No one asked about yours either, Stu.. :lol:

How you been brotha? Saw that you're deployed.. Hope all is well!
My buddy ships out in about a month..he's working telecom.. Apparently on all the terminals the soldiers use to call home/use internets.. 240k a year..not bad..haha

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Arata systems are great. Great workmanship goes into them. I have never heard anything negative about one of their systems.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
No one asked about yours either, Stu.. :lol:

How you been brotha? Saw that you're deployed.. Hope all is well!
My buddy ships out in about a month..he's working telecom.. Apparently on all the terminals the soldiers use to call home/use internets.. 240k a year..not bad..haha

WASSUP!!! Just FYI, bluestreak asked about 06 Aratas, which falls under 04-06 (my bike).... All is well here, civilians over here are getting paid and paid WELL!!! If you can stand to be away for as long as they stay and live under the "military rules and regs" then I guess it's not a bad gig.

Sorry to jack your thread bluestreak, bottom line, like Scott (GPD270) said, Aratas are a well made system, if you can find one for the right price and you can afford it, I'd jump on it.

·
chicken strips w honey mustard
1,220 Posts
Love my Arata

bought it from a friend, so I can't help ya on where to purchase...

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
Love my Arata

bought it from a friend, so I can't help ya on where to purchase...
Hey Eric, I was wondering if you would see this thread.... Have you made any updates to your map?

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
here's an Arata full system with Arata (ladybird) motoGP canisters :bow
:thumbup noice... where did they find the cans?

·
AMA Life Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
here's an Arata full system with Arata (ladybird) motoGP canisters :bow

WOW!
What's the bore on those cans? 80mm? They must ridiculously loud but look great. I'd preffer about a 50mm bore.

I have Tigcraft duals on my Aprilia that came with 60mm bores and they were too loud. I had them custom make a tapered core of 60-50mm. That took the edge off the sound without hurting the HP.

What's the "Ladybird" mean?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.