Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· I'm ok with my R1 eating me
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purposely posted this question here, because it appears that most (not all) of the threads in the squadrons section are not current. Is it that R1 riders are just not posting in their squadrons or is the concept of having a squadron a useless now? I fall into the "Lucky 13" area and there hasn't been a post in there since last year. I'd like to join and get one of those cool ass stickers and place it on my bike. But with such a lack of interest, I almost ask what would be the point. I posted in 13 last year and got little to no response about meeting up and riding. So again it makes me wonder, are the squadrons a thing of the past?:dunno

Ride safe everyone

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Squadrons are kinda like a sale if you will... Sometimes they are on... Others they are off. Honestly, the squadron thing was HUGE a few years ago... They've slowed down but I think the squadron thing slowed down because of the forum slowing down... It's just not as crazy and busy as it used to be... I'm hoping we'll see a huge increase in squadron/forum activity with the new 2015 coming out and getting over winter helps as far as finding people to ride with in your area too :)

· Moderator - In Memorium
25,903 Posts
It's seasonal as well. Lucky 13th and other northern groups seem to go dormant when the riding season does. Venom, Dragon and Ghostrider have much longer seasons, so they typically stay active. Dragon was non-stop for a long time, and then a few of the driving forces became less involved, and it dropped off to near nothing.

In a perfect world I would think the squadrons would stay active through winter in order to maintain the ties with each other (Venom and Ghostrider do from what I see first hand). But there is no mandate. It's an area for you all to communicate and plan regionally. So it comes and goes in my experience.

· The south roads are best roads
19,677 Posts
Just the ebb and flow of life. I had to take some time off from here because I couldn't ride with work being so busy and it flat out depressed me . I've seen the error of my ways in not being active as I should be and am going to ramp it up.

· Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
I purposely posted this question here, because it appears that most (not all) of the threads in the squadrons section are not current. Is it that R1 riders are just not posting in their squadrons or is the concept of having a squadron a useless now? I fall into the "Lucky 13" area and there hasn't been a post in there since last year. I'd like to join and get one of those cool ass stickers and place it on my bike. But with such a lack of interest, I almost ask what would be the point. I posted in 13 last year and got little to no response about meeting up and riding. So again it makes me wonder, are the squadrons a thing of the past?:dunno

Ride safe everyone
There's a few guys in your area. It's winter, not much riding or gatherings so the squadrons are kinda dead.

:whtfu: I bet I can get at least three people that disagree with you! (I hope I can scrounge up three... :dunno)

I bet I can get 3 to agree :p

Squadrons are kinda like a sale if you will... Sometimes they are on... Others they are off. Honestly, the squadron thing was HUGE a few years ago... They've slowed down but I think the squadron thing slowed down because of the forum slowing down... It's just not as crazy and busy as it used to be... I'm hoping we'll see a huge increase in squadron/forum activity with the new 2015 coming out and getting over winter helps as far as finding people to ride with in your area too :)

Good analogy :)

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Just the ebb and flow of life. I had to take some time off from here because I couldn't ride with work being so busy and it flat out depressed me . I've seen the error of my ways in not being active as I should be and am going to ramp it up.

:stpd: Basically

Seems a little pricey. I'll wait for the price to come down some.
Lol!!!! I was gonna let them die and breed new ones :p

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.