Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I quote your info page.

About R1-Forum.com
The purpose of this site is real simple. We want to bring all the R1 users into one happy gathering. Where we can help out each other making the best out of our bikes. <B>We investigated this and we found no other site whatsoever that had this concept. So we took at shot at it and built our own community for R1 owners. </B>

Funny how you posted a link to this forum on the YZF-R1 forum. But how did you do this if we did not exsist? We have been around since 1997. Eagerly awaiting the 98 YZF-R1.
If you plan to be the center of the YZF-R1 Universe. Try being a little more honest. People hate a lyer. Don't take this the wrong way, I wish you luck. But when I go to a board and the first thing I read is a lie, I may move on back to my old www.yzf-r1forum. After all its been around for 4 years now. It is the home of the R1.

·
Really?
208 Posts
Well, Dennis. I for one have been looking for an R1 forum since I got my bike. Searching for one with Altavista, Lycos and other search engines hasn´t been very successful.
I had never heard of your site until I read your post.

I´ve visited it now, and I think there´s room for both yours and this one.

Regards,

Mattias, moderator.

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
I better reply too! Just like Mattias I've done researching to find if there was a live community such as this site that I've built up. This site got finished yesterday and first then.. I heard someone say something about your forum .. yzf-r1-forum.com
I had NEVER heard of it before. And that is NO lie.

But I hope we can live in piece anyway. And promote eachothers sites by linking to them.

I should modify that statement on the first page then... since NOW I know there's a similar.. but yet not as "well" built up for a community such as this site.

I sincerely hope we can help eachother out instead of barking at one another.

And like Mattias said.. if you were here from 1997.. atleast I .. who am so into bike websites should've heard about you.

I will not shut down this site. This is a site for everyone and if they choose this one above yours.. then I'm happy.
And if they choose YOURS above Mine.. then You be happy.

Best regards,
Johnny C.
Founder

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
I just checked out the "other" site. I also had never heard of it before. The format on this site is much nicer, it's become the standard for most message boards.

Plus, R1-forum.com is a shorter name....and I hate typing. :p

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
Wow, just looked again to see that their site was infected by the Nimda virus. That sucks.

G

·
Mattias1 said:
Well, Dennis. I for one have been looking for an R1 forum since I got my bike. Searching for one with Altavista, Lycos and other search engines hasn´t been very successful.
I had never heard of your site until I read your post.

I´ve visited it now, and I think there´s room for both yours and this one.

Regards,

Mattias, moderator.

I share Dennis' points.

I bought my R1 in Sweden on May 14, 1999, and on the same day I registered in the yzf-r1-forum. Using the most popular swedish search engine (www.evreka.com) it was no problem to locate Dennis's site (or was it swedish altavista that time?).

Anyhow, since almost the same day, I own a swedish website on my motorcycling experience (http://w1.143.telia.com/~u14303114), which is mainly dedicated to the R1, and also links since more than two years to the yzf-r1-forum.

I don't see the need to create a sweden-based extra forum for the R1, except for adressing swedish motorcyclist in swedish language, what this forum (r1-forum.com) does not.

There are examples of other webfora using native language, like the German R1-Yamaha-Club (http://www.r1-yamaha-club.de) or the R1-Club Holland (http://www.clubs.nl/community/default.asp?club=yamaha+R1), or in France ...... As you can see, I did not have difficulties to find the right sites or contacts!

Anyhow, I must write (not say), Dennis' idea to bring people together really worked out well. His Forum has an active european group, gathering at least once per year in the Harz-mountains with strong participation from Norway, Sweden and Denmark and during other occasions (trackdays, like the one in Sweden that my motorcycle sport-group arranged, Oschersleben, Assen). I also had the opportunity to come together with american Forum members in the USA!

O.K. There are a lot of r1- and non-r1-owners in the world, who like to write something. Probably one Forum would be too small for all (the harz-meeting group uses it's own internal communication platform and the national fora show this as well).

Dennis' YZF-R1-Forum is the Original and the International Home of the R1. Let's see the R1-forum as a scandinavian complement.

mvh // bernd

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
We are all entitled to our own opinion and as stated in the Info area:
Update: Now AFTER we started this site the owner of YZF R1Forum.com got in touch with out about it.. You're allowed to choose between his and Our site. We don't mind. It's all up to you./Update
It's all up for you to choose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In all honesty the YZF-R1 forum is an unorganized mess. I know I'm not the only one who gave up on them after all the BS server and changing. 90% of the time the board wasn't where it was listed. You always had to track it down via other messageboards. The ONLY thing they have to offer is the forum with Robert at Dussault. Without his input and availability that place would die.

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
From what I have seen, this is the only R1 forum with a good format, we just need some more members.

Bring some people on over here!! :)

G

·
train36 said:
In all honesty the YZF-R1 forum is an unorganized mess. I know I'm not the only one who gave up on them after all the BS server and changing. 90% of the time the board wasn't where it was listed. You always had to track it down via other messageboards. The ONLY thing they have to offer is the forum with Robert at Dussault. Without his input and availability that place would die.
I had no problem with the YZf-r1-Forum, almost never connection problems except during the end of the old site, and when the site moved to a new location (http://www.yzf-r1forum.com) I was of course informed by the administrator by email. Therefore I was among the first publishing the new address on my website at http://w1.143.telia.com/~u14303114.

I also don't say the the YZF-r1-Forum is a mess. It is well-structured, much easier to view than others. The same set-up is used by www.motorradnet.de and others. I have not heard too many complaints.

mvh // bernd

G

·
Dook said:
Wow, just looked again to see that their site was infected by the Nimda virus. That sucks.

Don't worry too much about that. Authorities and bigger companies have been infected here in Sweden and web- and mailservers were taken from the web. The Virus has also reached my employer's network, which covers the whole world.

mvh // bernd

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
Not worried about it, I had it on PC.

Just saying that it sucks, that's all.

:D

·
Resident Joker
44 Posts
I will strongly agree with the rest of you, I've looked for an R1 forum as well, there were none!!!
This guy must be smoking something!
The only other forum I found for sportbikes was www.sportbikeworld.com which I got the web address for this site from there. (which by the way looks very similar to this sites forum set up)...(can you say...rip-off):D (JK)
This site is better!!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello all!
what a ****ing good forum an r-1 type!!!!
i have a lot of questions to ask people about an r1 but didn't know where!!!!!
here!!!!!!!!!
yes yes yes
thanks!
i wanne buy an r1 but always the salespeople are trying to didge me an 600 or less in my stomach!
****ing ***holes i hate it!
they always tel me did you ride on one before!!!????
no!
hafe my pink slip for about 1 year now and im totaly in to an r1!
i think i will just buy one and go but i need some serieus advice andno bull about like: you shoudn't!!
even my friends tell me!
well i hope to hear somethoing from someone and i will be checking this forum-site till the end of time!
go on let this site rule poeple!
thanks to the owners !
chaos;)

·
'See you in the crosshairs'
86 Posts
I cannot see why there is the opinion that there is not enough room for more then one Forum.
Dennis' Forum is quite heavily American biased, nothing wrong in that, it's just the way it is.
This Forum is likely to become more European biased, being run by a Swede and a lot of the early members being from Europe.
There is also a growing UK dedicated R1 site, I'm sure there are other 'country' based R1 Forum's.
Why don't we do the sensible thing, after all most of us joined the Forums to gather and exchange information, why don't the webmasters agree to link all the sites.
The advantage of this is that if say, you are in Europe and want to sell something, place your advert in the European Forum, you'd get a better target audiance.
If your organising ride outs, trackdays etc, in the UK put it in the UK Forum, I can't see too many Americans making the trip for a ride round a wet and windy Seven Sisters circuit...hehehe!!
Anyway, thats my rant over, I just think in the light of recent events we should show some tolerance and try to work together, after all we have one thing in common, the R1.

G

·
SpikeHammer said:
There is also a growing UK dedicated R1 site, I'm sure there are other 'country' based R1 Forum's.
The url of the German R1-Forum is
http:/www.r1-yamaha-club.de

The url of the Dutch R1-Forum is
http://www.clubs.nl/community/default.asp?club=yamaha+R1

The url of the UK r1 owners website is:
http://yzfr1.co.uk/

Another more international link:
The url of the R1 Mailing list.
http://www.topica.com/lists/r1
The latter replaced an older mailing list, which was closed.

Active european members of the yzf-r1-forum have their own Forum and website. Membership is only available for R1-riders, who share the harz-meetings. For more information about the harz-meetings and other events of that group, visit my website at
http://w1.143.telia.com/~u14303114

mvh // bernd

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.