Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my f4. I'm hoping to my 2002 silver r1 for bike week. There not out in MN yet. But some told me that there were already on show room floors in the Southern USA. Is this True? Help I don't want to be stuck on a honda 250 vtr for bike week.:cryin

· Grip it and rip it!
662 Posts
Southern states unfortunately makes sense due to temperatures, but for Raleigh NC area....No go!

They are telling me 25 Feb is the release date, which means probably March! I'm on the call list for Fayetteville and Raleigh area!

The Honda 919 is out, and rumors of the 954 in Nothern Raleigh. It's time for the R1!!!

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told it should be in Feb But Then I read they might be delayed. I just need it for bike week! or I'll be wearing a pink cape will riding around on that little 250. That is what my friend said i had to do I use it

· I gonna miss it........
253 Posts
I also went a confirmed with my dealer last week. I'm in western Minnesota. I was just about gauranteed the middle to end of February. My dealer is small and only getting two R1's one silver, one blue. I guess we will see. When is bike week in Daytona this year? I use to live there but it has been a few years.

· ...Is just so addicted to R1..
884 Posts
2002 R1 release - it's official...

Welp, here it is - FINALLY- the actual official scoop affirmed by Yamaha:

Every dealership which got a "first round" alloction on any R1's will receive 1 unit at some point in February- machines will not ship prior to Feb 4, so they can arrive at dealerships at any point thereafter...

Additional units will not ship until every single machine has gone out :machinegu After that, a second shipment of machines will go out end Feb/ begining of March - my dealer (on long island) expects this delivery on march 11, for reference. :bash

Yamaha also confirmed that no MSO's have gone out yet :butt For everyone out there hoping for a silver one, if you're in the NY area and haven't put a deposit down yet, don't bother shopping near home - prices are already in the 12,500 ballpark PRETAX:machinegu

Check out upstate and Pennsylvania - they are closer to retail or at retail - it'd be well worth your 1-2 hour drive, AND you get to take a chunk out of the break in meriod on the ride home:rock

· I gonna miss it........
253 Posts
Scud,

Thanks for the info. I just made a phone call and found out that my dealer is not in that first round. They are expecting March 9 now. I hope that is as late as it gets. For those of you guys with the early ones:machinegu . You guys are lucky. It is sad when I can't wait an extra few weeks with out whining about it. Damn this speed/ adrenaline addiction.:rock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.