Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Fierce on two wheels
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't. It rained maybe 20 days this winter. I find that these are the best tires BY FAR for the R1, but they do not last long at all, especially under this kind of abuse. Problem is 207's are too hard, and 208's have good grip,, and more good grip, and even more good grip, and then the wear out and start violently sliding out all over. These renn's give a little when the wear out and they let you know they're toast. Unfortunatly thats only about 300-400 track miles, or maybe 1000 street miles. Worth the money, but just barely.

· Horatio Balsac
317 Posts
Have a matching front???:D

I've got no strips on my 208s but I never could get that cool "melting look" so... I attached a propane blow torch to my hugger, flipped it on, and went cruisin through town. People liked the flame and smell of rubber.:thumbup

Oh, my tires got so sticky, that when I ran over my neighboors cat, it stuck to the tire. Tore up my hugger.:mad:

· www.cycleposers.com
654 Posts
I have chicken strips in my front tire. But none in my rear. Why is that? I would think they go at the same time.

What type of sand paper do you guys use to get rid of your chicken strips anyway? Those tire finishes look a bit coarse.

Ricardo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.