Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wish I was back in SoCal
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after trailering my bike across the country for 2 months, I finally made it to Cental New York where the Air Force has me stationed for the next three years. It's bad enough that, yesterday when I woke up for work, it was 26 degrees outside and I can't ride, but to make matters worse, my bike got rained on during the cross country trip. Without all my stuff (I've been living out of the back of my truck for 2 months now) I didn't have any way to clean the chain/bike/etc. Now my freaking chain has pits and discoloration all over it where the chain started to rust! Also, my Akrapovic can got discolored from sitting outside for 2 months! I want to cry!!! My baby isn't looking good! :(

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
sorry to hear that the bike isnt looking so well right now, but the good thing is you can always clean her up and if the chains rustedd...I think that means you need a new lighter one with new sprockets/gear ratio :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
sorry for the unhealthy r1 but it will get better, say in may

·
Backin it in at a track near u
296 Posts
make sure your can is cool and clean it with honda polish, spray on/wipe off... you can pick it up at any honda dealer... oh and use a soft cloth when you clean it....

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Yosh, take the time to clean it up. :fact Then, go out and buy one
of those lower priced bike covers for around 30.00 I've got one
and it does a great job of keeping the ultra violet rays from bleaching out things. Also, keeps the water from the chain. I use
it when I ride my bike to work.

·
Wish I was back in SoCal
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Skeeter said:
Yosh, take the time to clean it up. :fact Then, go out and buy one
of those lower priced bike covers for around 30.00 I've got one
and it does a great job of keeping the ultra violet rays from bleaching out things. Also, keeps the water from the chain. I use
it when I ride my bike to work.
That's a good idea. I'm going to have to invest in one of those. Would have saved my poor bike if I'd thought of that before I left LA....I didn't even think about the possibility of needing it. :(

·
Wish I was back in SoCal
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Corny said:
Welcome to NY! :) Isn't it great?
Corny - Where in Upstate NY are you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts