1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
02R1guy said:
No shit. Look at 8k. Stock is roughly 13 HP down on the full system there. VERY nice. I tink Arrow is the way to go, folks...

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
Yeah how about the sound first ? then the mini HP :)

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
Two brothers still look the best imo. No one else has gotten the exit holes correct yet.

·
Silver Surfer
799 Posts
Anyone notice the difference in paint on the Euro spec bike. The two tone tank is gone and the grey looks darker, but that might just be the photo.

·
Registered
296 Posts
does anyone else think that these Arrow pipes have a weird shape? they are driving me crazy, they arent round but they arent really oval either. They are kinda pointed on the sides. Anyone? Anyone?

·
It was burning when I got here
39 Posts
Just guessing but it looks like the Arrow silencer with Cat would about equal the hp gain of just removing the Cat alone (keeping the stock pipes). And it appears the Cat is responsible for the 7K dip, which would be erased also. Anybody else see it that way?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't have a 04 yet, but I hope to soon. In the meantime I've been playing around with some dyno charts. I remember the huge difference a Akrapovic full exhaust made on my 99 R1 and am a little disappointed at their power gains for the 04. Arrow's dyno charts looked great in comparison, until I overlaid both charts- see below.

I've scaled them so the rpm matches and also to account for the ps to hp difference of about 1.5%. It's not exact, but pretty darn close, especially considering how well the stock systems line up... until 10k rpm! Sorry if it looks confusing, but if Akrapovic is to be believed, then it appears to me as though Arrow is using a restricted bike or faking dyno runs to make their exhausts appear to perform better. What do you all think?

Attachments

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Pipes look good:beer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts