Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I F#$$Ken feel bad... I feel really bad...

I tried so hard
and got so far
but in the end
it doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
to lose it all
but in the end
it doesnt even matter

How come I had to fall? Why? I though it wouldn’t happen to me. I knew the saying that "its not if you fall, but it’s when you fall". I just didn’t think it would happen unexpectedly.

Here I am driving down the road, a bit over the limit if at all and I see this bikee on the left hand side, waiting to pull out, I thought he would wait (as the law states u should give way), so I kept going on my lane, then he pulls out, and I’m like. 'ohhh shit' but im still thinking this guy is going to pull out to the left lane and not go on my right lane (I'm in Australia by the way) but then double surprise, this guy pulls out on my lane, and im like no ***en way, im actually saying those exist words inside my helmet as im approaching this guy.

His doing some slow speed getting into the lane and here iam doing road speed on the lane, what do I ****en do?. so I hit the brake, I am up this guys ass, and all I think about was to hit this guy, believe it or not at that moment for my own salvation I was thinking it was better to hit this guy to save my ass, don’t get me wrong, I was on the ****en brake, its just if I were to have swerved I would of skidded and ended up god knows where. So I skidded and hit this guy in front of me. It slowed me down and I tumbled literally. The first thing going through my head when I tumbled was my F$#ken hands, my pretty f$#Ken hands, whats going happen to my hands (I've been reading all these stories about people having road rash), so I impact the pavement, and my palms of my hands hit the concrete, my hands snap, I roll and I'm up again, its a ****en miracle, I look at my hands, I say **** 'im alright', then I look at the guy....

I start screaming at the top of my lungs, mind you through my helmet, I am pissed, I don’t want this guy to get away (his still on his bike but standing still looking back trying to make sense of wat happened).

I take off my helmet... I start going irrational, screaming f#$K f#$k f#$#k, Im not pissed of at the guy, I just cant believe wat has just happened, in front of my own f$#ken eyes. This is my first time in an accident.

The guy calms me down, he turns out to be a good bloke, he seems honest and cooperative. He explains his situation that he didn’t see anyone and proclaims by the skid mark I made, that I must have been speeding. I explain to him that I seen him pulling out and thought he seen me, so I kept on my lane, but when he pulled on my lane, it was too late (I accept that I was foolish to think that way. As soon as I seen the guy on the left hand side, before even pulling out, I should of slowed down).

This is so not ****en funny, how can this happen to me, I just got this bike, not too long ago, I'm being as safe as I can be on this thing, why ****en me??? I LOVE MY R1, just the thought of it hitting the ground hurts me. Damn it!!! Why me!

I tried so hard
and got so far
but in the end
it doesnt even matter
I had to fall
to lose it all
but in the end
it doesnt even matter

·
lost
914 Posts
Rooster said:
So let me understand....You were riding down the street and a "Bloke" made you hurt your "pretty hands"?

i kinda got something like that too,

hey at least ur ok, hope ur bike recovers, i went down yesterday first time aswell, im jst happy im ok, the bike can be repaired...

seriously....though u kept thinking about ur hands ??? i was praying for my neck not to break or my bike to be totalled

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not just my hands you dick nob...

im cut from the inside, I just trashed my bike... and for wat... it wasnt even my fault.

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,441 Posts
p.o.l said:
im cut from the inside, I just trashed my bike... and for wat... it wasnt even my fault.
believe me , if it was your fault u would feel even worse .
u should be happy u are ok .

p.o.l said:
I tried so hard
and got so far
but in the end
it doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
to lose it all
but in the end
it doesnt even matter
linkin park :crash :thumbup

·
Fcuk Snow
1,432 Posts
Seriously dude, just be glad nobody got hurt. Everyone goes down whether it's their fault or not. Bikes get fixed everyday. Not to be cold but GET OVER IT. Many many riders have had it much much worse. The sick feeling about your bike will pass. Get it fixed and get back out there. Good Luck.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
That was weird..I felt like I was reading a poem.

FYI...a way to not hurt your purdy hands is to wear gloves....as well as ohter gear.

·
you can't have my last beer
3,466 Posts
Sounds like you came out okay. A friend of mine went down and broke his pelvis and shattered his foot. Took months and months for him to recover. An oncomming car came into his lane around a bend forcing him off the road. Just gotta deal and move on.

·
raise
171 Posts
I thought that anytime you rear -end someone it is your fault ? Not saying that the moron wasn't a dick head that pulled out in front of you .....but rear ending him ? Please let us know how the insurance companies interpert it.

·
I Can Has Wheelie?
11,996 Posts
Want some cheese with that whine?

Get over it - now you know the "two types of riders" saying is true, huh? Go get some new gear. Fix your bike. Ride more. Try not to crash next time.

Oh yeah... ALWAYS assume that other drivers/riders are going to do the most absolutely idiotic thing possible, and be ready for it.

·
Akrapovic xplane
6,024 Posts
heal up quick, fix the bike and get back out there :hellobye

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
my 1st accident was back in 89...a street accident mind ..same senario not being seen..except it was no bike I went into. It was a ford LTD and an old lady pulled out in front of me...I didn''t have the skills or wisdom back then to get out of the situation. So bam I went up onto the trunk...and there I stayed for a bit as she drove unaware...I fell down after a bit ..not hurt really..she kept driving...this was in NJ on the Black horse pike..a pretty busy road. Police went after her but she got away? Its a funny story to tell now..back then I felt as if I should'v e hung up street bikes

1 - 20 of 31 Posts