Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
This was RidingWithTom's friend. He's a motovlogger from Australia and he made a video explaining what happened. The guy bought the bike 5 days before that. Really shitty. Tom has had his Ninja 636, BMW S1000RR, and a Supermoto stolen in the same city. From what Tom said bike theft is becoming very prevalent in Australia.

Here's a video of Tom explaining this theft attempt and giving some background info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoozOYcP1rY

· "What"
2,325 Posts
That was down south in Australia,i wouldn't leave my bike in any of those parking bays during the day for any amount of hours. The good thing is i can take my bike to work,bring it inside the warehouse and close the door nobody noes it's there.

After the first theft,i'd reconsider taking it.

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
I get that he could have all sorts of things in the backpack that could be a potential threat... But, I just can't believe that not a single person confronted him or said anything to him during that incident until security showed up...

(In before the dumbass: I realize someone could be saying something to him from further away and he isn't acknowledging them or the video doesn't show confrontation, etc. Please troll elswhere)

· In the slow lane
416 Posts
Years ago in Los Angeles I get to my car and find an idiot in it with all my CD's in a bag and working on getting the radio out. Well well what do we have here? There's none of the what are you doing type of conversation. I simply grab him, drag him out, and commence to violating him as he was violating me by doing what he was doing. I can't put into words the amount of satisfaction that is attained by catching a thief in the act and giving them exactly what they deserve!

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Years ago in Los Angeles I get to my car and find an idiot in it with all my CD's in a bag and working on getting the radio out. Well well what do we have here? There's none of the what are you doing type of conversation. I simply grab him, drag him out, and commence to violating him as he was violating me by doing what he was doing. I can't put into words the amount of satisfaction that is attained by catching a thief in the act and giving them exactly what they deserve!
I want to thank you for your service to our country :33:

· Registered
1,687 Posts
I get that he could have all sorts of things in the backpack that could be a potential threat... But, I just can't believe that not a single person confronted him or said anything to him during that incident until security showed up...

(In before the dumbass: I realize someone could be saying something to him from further away and he isn't acknowledging them or the video doesn't show confrontation, etc. Please troll elswhere)
This is a country with very few guns and the guy had a 12 inch screwdriver and hammer. He's obviously a very brazen guy who doesn't give a fuㄷk so he might be willing to put those tools to work on anyone who tries to stop him. The people standing around have nothing to gain and everything to lose in this situation unfortunately.

Where I live there is very few home break-ins because we have laws that allow us to kill an intruder, even if we just "think" he might be armed. He's coming into your home after all, the ultimate invasion of privacy. I have a Colt Python beside my bed and did have an AK-47 until a few days ago. Guns may cause a lot of problems but HOME break-ins are almost non-existent where I live. I bet brazen bike thefts are more rare too. I'm sure there's a lot of benefit to a non-gun owning country "I used to live in one" but brazen thieves isn't one of them.

If anyone tried to hurt my wife, my 2-wheeled mechanical wife, or my sweet little puppy I would pop off rounds until someone was dead. The AK-47 had 3x 30 round magazines so I could have just sprayed the general vicinity and not worried about accuracy haha

My reason for keeping my home safe, My Jackie Moo Moo:

· Registered
125 Posts
Did anyone consider that some of the people who look like they're doing nothing might have called security and that's why they showed up when they did? Just because it may look like the bystanders were not taking any action doesn't mean that's the case.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Lost a great 600 to a thief. **** thieves. Hope this guy dies a most painful death.
I really wish thieves got their hands removed like in some of those sandy countries. I don't like religion, but that's one thing Islam got right.

When I lived with my wife in Japan theft was almost non-existent, not sure how they do it but it's amazing. I lived on a busy street ”七条通り 京都” and I accidentally left my ipod on my bicycle multiple times sitting on a busy sidewalk and nobody ever stole it. My wife says motorcycle theft is extremely rare too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.