Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
were fitting a set on my 98 right now and everything has fit well but the tail which we had to mod a bit but it looks :boobies the left side has been a bit of a problem but that is because the pervious owner laid it dow on that side. Ill post some pics next week of it.

· Registered
386 Posts
I am thinking about buying a set
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220999

but I also found this guy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...em=350009908845&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

He says that the fairings he uses have heat protection in the inside.
KolbE do the ones you bought from auctmarts1 have such protection as well?
the dont have a heat protection as claimed in the first link you showed however they are suprisingly heavyduty they feel like the stock plastics in terms of weight and strength I was very impressed by the material. I dont believe that facory stuff comes with a heat resistant material though... correct me if Im wrong but if the stuff is made right it shouldnt melt ie: not pvc plastics and actual ABS plastics.

· Registered
45 Posts
The original fairings of the 06 model have aluminum foils.As far as I can remember now the exhaust covers and the side fairings certaily have them.I have removed them myself and seen it.

So what about the quality of the paint?Is it good? Please tell me in general your impression because as I said I am thinking of buying from him.

· Backmarker
1,248 Posts
Can you post a link to the auction/seller? Also, do they have a Virgin Mobile scheme?

· Track Noobie...
271 Posts
i was thinking of getting a kit too, but i havent seen a kit on a 04-06 yet. I emailed the seller and he doesnt have any.

All ive been hearing is its good for the money, not stock but it works. I did however read through his reviews and some of them make you think. Its like 50/50 on how the plastics fit.

· Registered
83 Posts
Searching for pics of these fairings actually on the bike. I'll post if the seller mail the pics.

Seems pretty hot. Lets waiting for a review on the 04-06 kit. Anyone?
He makes them for 1000rr's as well. In general, he does really good work. Fitment is good to perfect and he has great customer service.

Looks like I have a use for the x-mas bonus! Red & white!

Jeff

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pics & impressions

Received the answer from my email today. Auctmarts1 said he doesn't have pics yet.

I will wait for pics and fitment impressions before make my decision. Lets keep this thread alive.. we all want to see this babies..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.