Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

my genius knows no bounds
200mm is perfect, imo. the only problem is graves doesnt seem to make hte full carbon one in that length. im sure for enough of our coin, theyd do so =D

i may ask them about exactly that in another ten years when i make up my mind about a damn exhaust. sigh. i dont even have a new swingarm or wheels yet. probly just gonna get some more carbon. i suck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
200mm is perfect, imo. the only problem is graves doesnt seem to make hte full carbon one in that length. im sure for enough of our coin, theyd do so =D

i may ask them about exactly that in another ten years when i make up my mind about a damn exhaust. sigh. i dont even have a new swingarm or wheels yet. probly just gonna get some more carbon. i suck.
Hey I may have a Austin Racing exhaust just like new for sale here in a week or two.... If you don't mind loud.

Registered
Pa
wish theyd do it in a 200mm =/ bike is looking good though.
It鈥檚 worth a try calling Graves direct and asking if they will make you exactly what you want. I鈥檓 guessing what you want is a 200mm carbon silencer with a 60mm exit diameter 鈥渃arbon beauty cap鈥. They have standard pairings listed for sale on their website (and retailers websites) which show a 200mm carbon silencer with a 60mm titanium tapered end cap. It鈥檚 nothing for them to grab one of these off their shelf and swap out that cap for a 鈥渃arbon beauty cap鈥 (that鈥檚 what they call it). They likely would sell it to you at MSRP with no additional cost for the cap swap. They made me this 265mm titanium with carbon cap for $575. I am in the process of having some custom finishes done on these.

Here鈥檚 a link to a 200mm carbon: Yamaha R1 Cat Eliminator Exhaust Valve Type-R - Carbon
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle

my genius knows no bounds
Pa

It鈥檚 worth a try calling Graves direct and asking if they will make you exactly what you want. I鈥檓 guessing what you want is a 200mm carbon silencer with a 60mm exit diameter 鈥渃arbon beauty cap鈥. They have standard pairings listed for sale on their website (and retailers websites) which show a 200mm carbon silencer with a 60mm titanium tapered end cap. It鈥檚 nothing for them to grab one of these off their shelf and swap out that cap for a 鈥渃arbon beauty cap鈥 (that鈥檚 what they call it). They likely would sell it to you at MSRP with no additional cost for the cap swap. They made me this 265mm titanium with carbon cap for $575. I am in the process of having some custom finishes done on these.

Here鈥檚 a link to a 200mm carbon: Yamaha R1 Cat Eliminator Exhaust Valve Type-R - Carbon
View attachment 1027918
yeah i just havent gotten around to it yet, not really a priority. ill be handling all this in the summer i think. ive gone back and forth (and back, and forth) on which exhaust to get for quite some time now. what rearsets are those, gilles? i see you ordered your exhaust without the stupid sticker xD

Registered
yeah i just havent gotten around to it yet, not really a priority. ill be handling all this in the summer i think. ive gone back and forth (and back, and forth) on which exhaust to get for quite some time now. what rearsets are those, gilles? i see you ordered your exhaust without the stupid sticker xD
The silencer came with GRAVES鈥 red and yellow logo sticker, which I didn't care for, so I peeled it off and replaced with a black and white one. I thought the black and white one looked pretty good, but I took it off eventually as I'm planning to do some custom logos. Titanium can very easily be brushed, blasted, polished, and/or anodized. I was inspired by some surface finishing work I'd seen done on some titanium bicycle frames, and decided I'm going to play around a little bit with these 3 blank titanium canvasses I have here to work with. Gotta have something to do over the winter. Anyhow, I'll probably end up keeping my favorite and try to sell the others. LOL, maybe you'll be interested in one of them!

rear sets: Evol Technology Rearsets - 2015+ Yamaha R1 鈥 Pit Lane Moto

Crankset Wheel Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire
Bicycle tire Tire Automotive tire Wheel Crankset
Product Camera accessory Bicycle part Cameras & optics Font

21 - 37 of 37 Posts