Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
2017 R1M
Being the owner of 03 gsxr1000 and 17R1M I will say my Suzuki works very well. At a stop light it takes off easier and and more of a torque pull. it also has 160,000 miles on it. The Yamaha has 18,500 miles and works very well and has top end rush that鈥檚 blurry in comparison . The Suzuki is more nimble, but the Yamaha is more planted. This is just my perspective . I am amazed at how a bike that鈥檚 17 years older feels to my newer one. Goes to show you how only little gains here and there.
im not shocked how the duc works with the Suz . The Suz was at its best in 05. i am shocked that none of you mention the slicks on the Suz . They should鈥檝e both had slicks or street tires to make it a apples to apples comparison imo.

Registered
2017 R1M
Also after owning and riding many ducs, I鈥檇 rather own jap bikes. They鈥檙e nice to ride , but they aren鈥檛 even close to the reliability of jap stuff.

Venom X/O
馃ぃ Rather if the Suzuki was on new suspension or not was not the point of the video. The name of the video is 鈥淗alf-Price Hack鈥 馃ぃ
You鈥檒l never hear me argue for a Ducati, I鈥檝e never been a fan.
But really they should have just pegged a K5 to a new GSXR and probably would have had the same results.... the video is kind of pointless

I miss my R1
im not shocked how the duc works with the Suz . The Suz was at its best in 05. i am shocked that none of you mention the slicks on the Suz . They should鈥檝e both had slicks or street tires to make it a apples to apples comparison imo.
They did put both bikes on slicks... the 2k5 was still quicker around Buttonwillow.

I miss my R1
You might not be first to the coffee shop, but your journey will be the only one that mattered, dammit!
I've never been to a coffee shop on my bike except for at the end of a day of riding :p

Ha!!!! I knew it!!!! You鈥檙e a Ducati owner! That鈥檚 why you鈥檙e trying soooo hard to prove your point. Damnit. I should have know. 馃ぃ
Not sure what that has to do with it. Regardless of brand they'd have had the same results.

And it's not a Panigale, for the record. I have a Multistrada S touring... I'm done with uncomfortable sportbikes.

And let's face it, you're both just jealous, lol (j/k, I don't think a Ducati is any more special than anything else, honestly)

SuperbikeUnlimited.com
Stop Fighting!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Plastic surgery pending
And it's not a Panigale, for the record. I have a Multistrada S touring... I'm done with uncomfortable sportbikes.

And let's face it, you're both just jealous, lol (j/k, I don't think a Ducati is any more special than anything else, honestly)
I, too, embraced old man life when I got my Duke. Cheers 馃嵒

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #51
I've never been to a coffee shop on my bike except for at the end of a day of riding :p

Not sure what that has to do with it. Regardless of brand they'd have had the same results.

Well, I do want my next bike to be a Tuono.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts