Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2001 R6 / 2004 R1
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the average weight of MotoGp riders? ..or maybe I have to refrase my question, what is an competitive weight for a MotoGP rider?

just curious....

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
Vegas 01 R6 said:
what is the average weight of MotoGp riders? ..or maybe I have to refrase my question, what is an competitive weight for a MotoGP rider?

just curious....
buck fiddy I bet......................

·
Registered
446 Posts
I know rossi is 5'11 @ 140 lbs... I would say the average is between 150-160 lbs... In 250 I would say around the same, maybe a little less. In 125 probably around 120 lbs..

·
PWN3R
1,364 Posts
Im 225 lbs 6'1 And i can outrun them all in corners due to more trackion to rear tire :)

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,223 Posts
ZRider said:
I think Yates fights in the light heavy division.:2bitchsla
Ned, That is just to funny........:lol:lol

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Cool im the same height and weight as rossi. :crash

·
Live 2 Ride , Ride 2 Live
115 Posts
:eek: the lighter the better. makes for overall weight, rider and bike. or else they would be racing heavier bikes. also helps in acceleration and braking. :sleep

·
AWOL
739 Posts
roy1 said:
:eek: the lighter the better. makes for overall weight, rider and bike. or else they would be racing heavier bikes. also helps in acceleration and braking. :sleep
125cc is the only class where the bike is weighed w/ the rider. All other classes (250, MotoGP) all have minimum weight restrictions that must be met, not including the rider. It's different depending on the number of cylinders, but averages ~150 kg (~330lbs) for MotoGP and 100kg (220lbs) for 250.

FIM Road Racing rules

1 - 15 of 15 Posts