Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· pavement tester....
7,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Believe it or not, they work just fine and I had a lot of confidence in them. I put them on 3 days ago and have went on 2 hard rides since. Through the really tight, slow twistes they held great, and the quick turn in was noticable (180 rear too), plus the higher arch of the Avons. I also ran through some long sweepers and the bike held fine even at 120 mph leaned over. I had to soften the suspension about 2 clicks all around though.

They take slightly longer to warm up than the Dunlops, but are very acceptable. My Dunlops only lasted 2000 miles (*1 month), after these are done, Michilen Pilots are next.

Just because it doesnt say Dunlop or Michilen doesnt mean its a good tire! Now for track use, I might have to swap...

· I am the dark side!!
134 Posts
KneeDragger77, You might want to try the Bridgestone tires. I have them on my 2001 R1 and I love them. I think I'm going to stick with these or the Metzler M1 Sportec tires, I hear great things about them too. Oh, I have the BT010 on mine. I also hear that the BT012 is good, but more for track, as they wear quickly. I honestly didn't feel confident with the stock Dunlop 207's on the bike.

· Registered
57 Posts
I am glad you are having success with them! I tried a set on my '01 and damn near wrecked the bike several times from total lack of grip front and rear. I am not knocking the tires as I am running AVONS on my touring bike and for that application they are great ( Venom x) but the Azaro sport tire well they made the stock 207 dunslips feel like they were made of glue and we all know how marginal they were. I run the Pirelli Super Corsa's on the track and I think I am going to try a set of M1'S for the street. I have also heard some positive feedback from friends about the new H2 also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.