·
ELWOOD
5,151 Posts
oh wait...this is posted in stunters corner:blush: oops

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also read my 2nd post. I got some testing in.

I can finally go as far as I want on my rear wheel and slow wheelies down.
I did almost 3 mils today and I set it down cause my arms were killing me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey one of the moderators here should copy my write up and make a stickie thread so it will always be towards the top. It really is a great mod and will help anyone from killing stock to learning.

·
4um ModR8r
10,427 Posts
hey one of the moderators here should copy my write up and make a stickie thread so it will always be towards the top. It really is a great mod and will help anyone from killing stock to learning.
Gimme a little more descriptive title and I'll sticky it for you. I don't know squat about stuntin' but some of you guys impress the hell out of me. :thumbup

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gimme a little more descriptive title and I'll sticky it for you. I don't know squat about stuntin' but some of you guys impress the hell out of me. :thumbup

just the title?

Could be somthing like-

Awsome R1 throttle Mod-

Basicly its very simple. The R1 throttle tube is bigger around than the F4i tube. The R1 is designed for racing. Less turn more throttle. The F4i is designed for a beginer 600, and is one of the best stuntbikes you can buy. By swapping the throttle you are going to a smaller distance around so it requires more turn. That makes it far less sensative.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should work on all year R1's. My buddy has a 07 R1 and his looks like its the same as mine.

and 01-06 CBR600F4i throttle tubes are all the same.
Only difference from 01-03 and 04-06 F4is are the tail section. Other than that same exact bike.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is also one more quick thing I forgot in the thread when I made it. Since the F4i throttle tube is going to have a smaller diamiter there will be extra slack in the cable. so the first part of the turn of the throttle just gets rid of the slack. On the throttle cable there is an adjustment right on the cable itself right out side the throttle tube housing. Thats how you get rid of the extra slack.

Also if you guys have a dremel tool, you can even shave a little more off the F4i tube diamiter to make it even better. Dont take to much off, but just a little makes a big difference.
If anyone has problems, or questions with this mod feel free to pm me and ask. I'll help how ever I can. I've already asnwered questions for several guys on this, so if anyone has any feel free to ask.

·
faster than a speeding bullet!
523 Posts
Have the r1's diameter changed? i have an 05 i'd like to do that to. i went down 2 teeth last year for wheelies and love it. however, i have the same problem, can't ride them as long as i know i can. always get scared i'm gonna flip it over cuz the throttle just too dam sensitive to the powerband.

i'm confused about the dremel thing. what are you shaving exactly?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I think im going to try this mod...should help me out alot! Thanks

·
anything on two wheels
1,887 Posts
Stunt or not, I can't believe the forum encourages these guys. And I (paraphrase) quote; "as I was riding with my exhaust just inches off the ground in traffic." Lets put a real quarter turn throttle on his bike and see what happens. Squids...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Throttle Tube

I think running the factory tube is better all around. I'd rather be able to get the throttle open quicker for most of everyday riding. I don't see how it would make that big of difference. I don't see how anybody could get miles of wheelies from this mod. if they're not already blocking to begin with.

Hg

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stunt or not, I can't believe the forum encourages these guys. And I (paraphrase) quote; "as I was riding with my exhaust just inches off the ground in traffic." Lets put a real quarter turn throttle on his bike and see what happens. Squids...
You sir are a JACKASS!:2bitchsla
:finger:lol

I think running the factory tube is better all around. I'd rather be able to get the throttle open quicker for most of everyday riding. I don't see how it would make that big of difference. I don't see how anybody could get miles of wheelies from this mod. if they're not already blocking to begin with.

Hg
If you dont already know what your doing your not going to get miles out of it. The big thing about riding long wheelies is being extreamly smooth on the throttle and holding the bike right at bp. When you ride long wheelies your arms get really tired and your not as smooth on the throttle. I could ride long wheelies on my stock throttle but this mod helped me keep my wheelies smooth as glass even when my arms get tired after riding long distances. If you can ride a 1/2 way decent wheelie do the mod and you will know exactly what Im talking about. I now have alot of friends that have done this mod on there R1s, and R6s and I havent heard anything but positive things about this. If you plan on doing long wheelies with your r1 there isnt a better bang for the buck mod out there.

Im going back to the stock throttle on my R1 cause Im not stunting it anymore. I have a CBR600 stuntbike now and I dont hardly ride streets at all anymore. Been spending all my time in a parking lot this year working on idle wheelies, coasters, and the harder and slower things. This is my newest vid on the new stunter. Im the one in the gray hoodie throughout the entire vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t96P4elf3kU

·
Registered
50 Posts
stunt

I personally have never been able to tell the diff. in tube's in F4i's, 929, 954, 636, R1, GSXR k. As far as it being a lot choppier, I just couldn't see it. Because if you're doing miles of wheelies you would be running something with a mild street gear which is forgiving. One might be able to tell a noticeable diff. if they were geared strictly for the lot. I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to clerify. I'm all for stunt game. I can't see youtube at work, but I'll check you out.

HG

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I personally have never been able to tell the diff. in tube's in F4i's, 929, 954, 636, R1, GSXR k. As far as it being a lot choppier, I just couldn't see it. Because if you're doing miles of wheelies you would be running something with a mild street gear which is forgiving. One might be able to tell a noticeable diff. if they were geared strictly for the lot. I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to clerify. I'm all for stunt game. I can't see youtube at work, but I'll check you out.

HG
No its all good bro. I know your not trying to argue. No offense taken.
If you take a R1 throttle tube and compair it next to the F4i throttle tube there is definatly a very noticable difference in size between the 2. If you look at them side by side there will be no doubt in your mind which belongs to which bike. I wish I had a pic of both of them side by side so it would be easier to explain. But the diamiter of the F4i tube is noticably smaller than the R1 tube.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I understand what your saying. I was just trying to get across that there is no "easy button" as it's so commonly called in the stunt world to wheelies. I was more or less relaying that to the guy that powers down the highway and thinks that this going to cure it. Or the guy thats on the gas off the gas, and wonders why the bike wobbles. Or the guy that thinks he's at BP, but screams to the limiter. Throttle tube isn't going to help him. Throttle input is generally so little and at times non-existant is all I was saying. I lock in that steady wrist, and it's done... I think people biggest prob. is thinking the bike is way higher than it is... They gas it and think I'm about to loop it, so they roll off the gas and drop the front, then twitch it back up, and so on. Then the wobbles get all but uncontrollable, they roll completely off and the bike chirps the front tire, and a puff of smoke bellows off the front tire like a jumbo plane that just landed at a 100mph... Haha...

hg

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
26 Participants
yamaha123
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing