·
Talk to me Goose
1,703 Posts
Interesting

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Im not sure but im just thinkin out loud, but do you think doing this mod will help from the front end some coming up so fast when clutching? or does that just have to do with the amount of gass and clutch given?
It will definatly help that because your gonna have to give it more gas to get the same amount of throttle, but that shouldnt be the reason to do this mod. This mod is to help you be smooth when your at bp and riding or learning to ride a wheelie. If your comming up to fast your giving to much gas when you clutch.

·
I sleep Ride.
6 Posts
I just did this mod literally 3 hours ago... I attempted a wheelie and rode it as long as i could a couple of times, then i changed the tube (which took 3 minutes). Went back out to the street and easily rode a mile before i decided it was enough, it works... Adjusted the slack to zero and i was all good. The power is still there just gotta turn a lil more. Tomorrow we will be heading out to practice stunting at the stunt spot in Ontario CA. Gonna attempt leg spreads and slow stand ups.

Thanks alot... this made a big a$$ difference in controlling the front end... my wallet... and the distance i could ride without worrying about flipping... Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just did this mod literally 3 hours ago... I attempted a wheelie and rode it as long as i could a couple of times, then i changed the tube (which took 3 minutes). Went back out to the street and easily rode a mile before i decided it was enough, it works... Adjusted the slack to zero and i was all good. The power is still there just gotta turn a lil more. Tomorrow we will be heading out to practice stunting at the stunt spot in Ontario CA. Gonna attempt leg spreads and slow stand ups.

Thanks alot... this made a big a$$ difference in controlling the front end... my wallet... and the distance i could ride without worrying about flipping... Thanks again!!!
Slow wheelies on a 07? how slow are we talkin about?

·
RLTW
408 Posts
I know this is late but why on earth would someone spend the money for another bikes throttle tube when you can do this mod to all of your friends bikes for about $1.00 worth of parts and about 10 minutes time per bike and no throttle cable adjustment needed? Hmmmmmmmmmmm:dunno

·
4um ModR8r
10,427 Posts
I know this is late but why on earth would someone spend the money for another bikes throttle tube when you can do this mod to all of your friends bikes for about $1.00 worth of parts and about 10 minutes time per bike and no throttle cable adjustment needed? Hmmmmmmmmmmm:dunno
Because people like to piddle and see what stuff will fit where? "keyword", piddle.

·
The Gift that Keeps On Giving
632 Posts

can you explain more on how this is done??

·
Crazy Canadian
373 Posts
Why would anyone do this mod period?
Its called throttle control, be smooth and it doesnt matter.
I like the response on liter bikes while doing wheelies, a little touch and she's back up to BP. A little too much and all you need to do is cover the rear brake.
I also heard that less gass in the tank helps...please
I think Im goin to try and borrow an 06 and 07 R1 if I can and shoot some how to wheelie vids on stock bikes. Fast and slow.

·
Registered Adrenaline Junkie
2,505 Posts
I dont get it either?
What's that Justin, the throttle-mod itself..?

I know it's not a mod that stunters promote widely (unlike say, crashcages or thumb-brakes), but in the racing-world it's all about less time & movement to reach WOT.

And I'm talking about the quick-turn throttle-mod, not the O.P.'s "slo-turn throttle-mod"...

:vanish

* I was the one who asked you if you were going to the stunt-spot a few weeks back at an Esso up in the NE... Everyone was broken though...

·
Crazy Canadian
373 Posts
Its not Justin, Im his team mate
We goin to the lot tonite, Im the only one healed up though hahaha

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
26 Participants
yamaha123
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing