Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
I wouldn't do it, don't go cheap on a helmet, its your head man, I remember I had an Xpeed years back i bought for the same price, garbage, the shield used to always fall off....i use only Arai helmets, or a Shoei or Suomy I would recommend...

·
Rideaholic
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Shark and 3 Shoei`s...This helmet is very good quality..Retail on it is 399$..It is light also..

If you cannot afford to spend 500 bucks right now ona helmet or need a good one for a passenger..I think this one might just fit the bill..It is true to size also...

·
No doot aboot it eh?
1,538 Posts
Poor passenger is always getting the shaft....

·
Registered
539 Posts
Link is in the first post..

They must be junk because they are made in the USA....
What does "made in the USA" have to do with it? I could care less. It's a complete and total copy of the RX7 Corsair be it American made or not. Just to inform you....your Yamaha isn't American made either. If you're going to bring in the "made in America" stuf then go ride a Harley too.

Good helmets are proven on the track. How many roadracers do you see wearing this brand? I'd also be a little skeptical about a helmet that retails for $150. For God's sake (and your brain's well being too), spend a little money and get something decent.

·
Rideaholic
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You seem to know alot about a product that you have never owned...FYI the helmet retails for 399+...I have bought and owned so called better helmets..Just because I paid 400$ for a new Shark and less than 200$ for a new ZII Shoei does that make them Junk also?

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
What does "made in the USA" have to do with it? I could care less. It's a complete and total copy of the RX7 Corsair be it American made or not. Just to inform you....your Yamaha isn't American made either. If you're going to bring in the "made in America" stuf then go ride a Harley too.

Good helmets are proven on the track. How many roadracers do you see wearing this brand? I'd also be a little skeptical about a helmet that retails for $150. For God's sake (and your brain's well being too), spend a little money and get something decent.
:iamwithst

I agree 100%

What is the price of your brain ? 150$ :dundun: :bash

I believe Shoei and nothing else, it's light low wind noise and it's quality.

Helmet Personal protective equipment Motorcycle helmet Headgear Sports equipment

Helmet Motorcycle helmet Clothing Personal protective equipment Sports gear

·
Registered
350 Posts
As long as its DOT approved, go for it...Shoei, scoprion, arai, whatever is being sold in the US are DOT approved, the same tests are applied. After that you are paying for the brand and few cool add on features

·
Registered
539 Posts
As long as its DOT approved, go for it...Shoei, scoprion, arai, whatever is being sold in the US are DOT approved, the same tests are applied. After that you are paying for the brand and few cool add on features
I'm curious, what are these "cool"/"add on features" you talk about on other "more expensive" brands?

CLEARLY you've never worn a good quality helmet.

·
Rideaholic
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AXO RR9 outer shell is constructed using a unique blend of KEVLAR? and a composite fiber mixture of materials
Adjustable venting channels found on the forehead, top of the head and an exhaust port on the rear

Anti-fog visor
A removable Aqua Plus? liner keeps you dry and comfortable while resisting odar
The liner is completely machine washable
Stainless steel ?D? ring retention strap
DOT/SNELL Approved

This aint the BEST helmet just a good helmet for the money..

I will always prefer my Shark..

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm curious, what are these "cool"/"add on features" you talk about on other "more expensive" brands?

CLEARLY you've never worn a good quality helmet.
It's been listed above!
At least agree with me on this: Whats the difference between a Avalanche and cadillac truck? just a few adds on...structurally, they are the same! They crash the same!! Same with these helmets. If you want a quite helmet, aerodynamic look and race like looks with plenty of decals..pay a little bit more ie. Shoei. You want something to protect your head...get anything thats DOT approved. At

·
Member 1352
1,904 Posts
Good helmets are proven on the track. How many roadracers do you see wearing this brand? I'd also be a little skeptical about a helmet that retails for $150
Quite a few actually...Do you even watch Road Racing?...Axo happens to be the technical sponsor of World Superbike...

Axo is a good brand and has been around since 1978. They are a little more popular among the dirt crowd, but are quite commonly used in roadracing as well. I've seen riders in Motogp and WSBK wearing their gear so they must no be that bad...

And if any of you misinformed people would like to read about helmet quality, click here. You might even learn something instead of spouting ignorance...
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/motorcycle_helmet_review/

That $69 helmet may indeed offer more protection that your $600 one...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Quite a few actually...Do you even watch Road Racing?...Axo happens to be the technical sponsor of World Superbike...

Axo is a good brand and has been around since 1978. They are a little more popular among the dirt crowd, but are quite commonly used in roadracing as well. I've seen riders in Motogp and WSBK wearing their gear so they must no be that bad...

And if any of you misinformed people would like to read about helmet quality, click here. You might even learn something instead of spouting ignorance...
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/motorcycle_helmet_review/

That $69 helmet may indeed offer more protection that your $600 one...
:stpd:

·
Rideaholic
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And Like Arai always preaches..FIT<FIT <FIT...The helmet fit is as important as the quality..The best helmet in the world that is too big for you can break your neck...

and this AXO is true to fit...You wear a medium in a Shoei or Shark it will fit the same..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.