Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealer today and he said they are getting 5 new 04 R1's in. 2 red, 2 silver, 1 blue i want the blue one and he said ok i asked how much of a deposit would it take to have you hold it for me when it comes in he said 500 dollars i'm like hell yeah no problem no comes the bad stuff i asked him about how much would my payments be if i paid 2,000 as a down payment and he asked me if i was planning on carying full coverage on it lol i said nope just liability cause a full coverage qoute for me was like 7,000 dollars a year. He says to me that yamaha will only let you carry liability on a bike if the amount finanaced is 7,500 or less i'm like WHAT!!!!!! the amonut of the bike tax, tags, and title came 11,426.92 that means i would have to pay at least 4,000 down as a down payment so i don't know if i'll be cruising a 04 unit this year or not son of a mother f***ing bit*h.

i'm glad for all those who have dropped on a new R1 cause it is a sweet ass bike foreal.

(Yamahas catch my eye undertail exhaust is the wave of the future, but if you have a bike then you ride the bike, but when you are in love then it is the ONE. (THE R1).

peace and much love. :(

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
Forget the dealer financing and go with your own. Check out
Capitol One on line.

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
Nobody is going to give you that kind of cash without proof of full-coverage insurance. Otherwise you could wreck the bike, walk away from paying for it and they would be screwed.

Welcome to reality dude.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
HRSI aka yamaha finace requires insurance on i beleive 10k or higher. unless it changed lately. anything under 10 and ur set. check with finance mgr not the saleman.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys it's me again i just want to say thanks for all your help and support, but do you think the dealer is lieing to me or something?

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
Saleman is wrong 10,000 is the magic as someone stated above.

·
the Green Bastard
6,974 Posts
Damn!...I'm amaized that you can have just liability! Thats kind of cool that they do that (I guess). I've always just had to shell out the cash for full coverage insurance.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Only have to have full coverage if the amount financed is over 10k, and Yamaha also has 3.9% financing for the first 24 months. So if you put down 2 grand then you will only have to finance $9,426.92 which means you WONT have to have full coverage. So go get yourself that new R1.:thumbup

·
Ride Comfortable and Confident
578 Posts
yeah I was 10,300 OTD last year on a 2003 R1 and I gave them 400.00 dollars and put the rest on the yamaha fianance card thingy and no insurance was required. I however did get full coverage insurance because I dont want to be paying on something that a thief is riding around on. (in the event it gets stolen, which I pray never happens)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts