Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dude for a Day 2005
722 Posts
LongNguyen said:
Does anyone in here use a balaclava while riding? What brand is good, which one keeps you dry in the summer and not too hot? Please help me out.
I bought the one from UnderArmor...its great for the cold..i would not wear one at all in the summer.........check UnderArmor thye have a website...fits awesome..and you can pull it down off your nose and mouth if needed.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
I always wear mine this time of year when the weather gets cooler. Those things work great. I wouldn't wear it in the summer time though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I never thought about wearing it on the bike. I just wear mine when i ride the YFZ, great for keeping you warm and keeping sand out of your mouth/nose at the dunes.

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,077 Posts
Isn't that some sort of Polish cookie?

·
the Green Bastard
6,973 Posts
I use one on cold days. I've got a few different ones. They're all for cold weather riding though.

If you're looking for something in hot weather...The only thing I can think to recommend is that Sparco makes a material called Cool Max© and it is used for Karting. They do make a balaclava out of that material that would probably work pretty well... :dunno :thumbup

·
STFU and ride!!
4,979 Posts
i personally would not put my helmet without one.
i use Under Armour and some other ones.
but not satistied with any of them. i have a friend that saws and she is making me some as i type. i will post up when she gets done with them. they will be for hot days as we can all get the cold gear. if i aprove of it i will ask to see if she will make some up for sale.

Ferrum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts