Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 340 Posts

·
Just happy to be here...
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
My Ohlins Carted Forks, Racetech Built Rear Shock, and Evoltech Clipons (From Mark @HustleHardRacing ) should be finished this week...... Now if I can just afford some rearsets :crash
I have been talking with Mark about it and I think I will take his advice and get a set of Robbie Moto's

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ahhh the waiting games! Haha

·
Just happy to be here...
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Anything special about the Evols compared to other offerings?
Well, supposedly AMA and some WSB teams like them, they are a clam shell style for easy removal if needed, and the rod is threaded into the clamp and held on with a retaining finger. Supposedly them being threaded in makes them less likely to snap when crashing. Also they are NOT a forward offset, which means less bar leverage but supposedly makes you more comfortable when leaned over.

Otherwise, I dunno lol I like Mark and I decided to spend more money with him (could have gotten them cheaper somewhere else) because this dude has called me at 8pm with questions on my orders or to ask me how my bikes doing. I LIKE being personal with someone, especially when I spend over 2k in a month with them....

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Mark @HustleHardracing has helped me out with odd ball parts. I like a more personable interaction as compared to the big companies who might have cheaper prices.

·
Just happy to be here...
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Mark @HustleHardracing has helped me out with odd ball parts. I like a more personable interaction as compared to the big companies who might have cheaper prices.
You know, when he finally makes an account here, he's gonna have like 25 tags LOL. His tag name keeps misspelling you have to go back and move the *g* :fact

·
Just happy to be here...
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Hey Banky are those clip-on's adjustable, meaning can they be raised or there the same as stock ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only height adjustable by placement on the forks like most. So..... no... not like riser clipons.

·
The Doctor's Assistant
694 Posts
Well, supposedly AMA and some WSB teams like them, they are a clam shell style for easy removal if needed, and the rod is threaded into the clamp and held on with a retaining finger. Supposedly them being threaded in makes them less likely to snap when crashing. Also they are NOT a forward offset, which means less bar leverage but supposedly makes you more comfortable when leaned over.

Otherwise, I dunno lol I like Mark and I decided to spend more money with him (could have gotten them cheaper somewhere else) because this dude has called me at 8pm with questions on my orders or to ask me how my bikes doing. I LIKE being personal with someone, especially when I spend over 2k in a month with them....
Thanks for the feedback, I hear Evol make quality stuff.

·
Just happy to be here...
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
And as promised..... That last pic doesn't even belong LOL but I cherish every part I can get :crash

Purchased at HustleHardRacing.com
Installed by FastBikeIndustries.com

Thanks again Mark :yea:

Attachments

41 - 60 of 340 Posts