Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Clutching it
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys.

i am having trouble with my clutch, i think it's warped. i have not took the case of yet to check but when i feather the clutch it's jerky and also if i rev the bike with the clutch in it will pull hard. there's also not much use of it, kinda like all or nothing

this could be a warped steel plate(s) or even just a worn clutch basket, i wont know till i check but my question is, should i swap the a barnett clutch kit while im there?

there's not a lot of use in the clutch and makes slow speed a bit of a pain. this could just be because it's worn or is it just the type of clutch and best to swap to a modded one for street?

· Clutching it
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have fixed the clutch issues i had. turned out it was down to a clutch friction plate had shattered into about 9 pieces. lucky it all somewhat stayed together untill i took it apart. fitted an EBC kit and all is good

just wondering now if there would be any street advantage to a barnett clutch or are these just track kits?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.