Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hoosier Daddy
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a stupid question and I did do a search with no luck.

The Battery Tender Jr. instructions say that when leaving the battery installed in the bike, attach the positive terminal to the battery and the ground terminal to the chassis. Is it necessary to do this? Can I not just attach the ground terminal to the negative post or will this cause problems?:dunno

·
-NYC R1-
195 Posts
battery will be fine!

·
unleash the beast
8,726 Posts
I Was Looking For One Too Which Brand Is Good For The$$$$

·
THE MAN
3,750 Posts
GET THE "BATTERY TENDER" BRAND. They really do make great stuff.

I have one of their cheap $30 chargers, and one of their $100 "shop" chargers. I have yet to find another charger that will bring a dead battery back like the shop charger will. And the best part is that it is stupid proof :) You can leave it hooked up backwards all day and it will not hurt anything.

Highly recommended.

You know if you ride like most people do a battery will last a year or two, but if you use a battery tender and levae it plugge din every second your bike is not being ridden it can make the battery last 5 years!! True!!

Aside from the money savings, it's just nice to be able to hope on and ride away, rather than hearing that sickening sound of the relay clicking...

·
Do or do not, there is no try
2,670 Posts

I have one of their cheap $30 chargers, and one of their $100 "shop" chargers. I have yet to find another charger that will bring a dead battery back like the shop charger will. And the best part is that it is stupid proof :) You can leave it hooked up backwards all day and it will not hurt anything.

Highly recommended.

You know if you ride like most people do a battery will last a year or two, but if you use a battery tender and levae it plugge din every second your bike is not being ridden it can make the battery last 5 years!! True!!

Aside from the money savings, it's just nice to be able to hope on and ride away, rather than hearing that sickening sound of the relay clicking...
It's true, they really do pay for themselves in the life they add to your battery.

:beer

·
Banned
31,992 Posts

Highly recommended.

mines 9 years old!:flex:

·
No Comment ...
1,708 Posts
We've got 2 of the Schumacker(sp?) brand from Wal-Mart, spent $19 on each of them i believe. Have REALLY come in handy w/ the motorcycle and quad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.