Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all,
Sourav here, need some direction here with the o2 sensor on my 2005 R1.
not sure exactly where it is located.
all the cables were right on except , the last one where they ask me to disconnect the o2 sensor, hence.
any help would be appreciated. sorry if i am on the wrong thread , first timer on this forum.
BTW love my 2005 R1. YAMAHA RULES.
tc
:fork

Attachments

· I RACE U LOSE
4,145 Posts
'04-'06 R1's don't have an o2 sensor stock, so you'll need to have a 'bung' welded to the stock header for the AFM's o2 sensor to screw in to. You'll need a Bazzaz weld-in titanium 'bung' since the stock exhaust is titanium, it also needs to be tig welded in by an experienced welder. I did this with my '06, the header will need to be removed after marking the location for the o2 sensor, its a long sensor and placement is critical for mounted clearance as well as the o2 getting a proper signal.

· I RACE U LOSE
4,145 Posts
Mine is located about an inch or so past the rear of the lower exhaust mount tab, and pointing outwards at about a 2 o'clock position.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Kurt, after much persuasion i realized i would leave it for next winter project as i am already behind of tasks i picked up -this winter. but i did talk to my local shop (REDLINE RACING,CALGARY),and they could do that the welding .
BTW i removed my tank as i installed the BAZZAZ zfi ,and also cleaned the air filter, but after putting the tank back, i am unable to start. at first i thought it was the battery, but battery is fully charged , then i emptied the tank with a tube, and poured back fuel on to remove and kind of air inside the gas lines, but to no effect. any clues on what to tackle this? Sorry am asking too much but, it is what it is...THX

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So.....I carried my stupidity to my bike and somehow blew my main fuse. The signs were -no response at all after the ignition is turned on, and installed new battery.
But after ordering new main fuse, lights comes on but bike wont start. Someone suggested to check the ground for bazzaz and one mentioned to check oil pump. Lets see whats the cause. But I would post, whenever possible. Tc guys

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So today I spent most of my time on the bike. Guess what -- still wont start. Cleaned fuel tank, pulled out fuel pump, relocated ground, installed fresh map from Bazzaz and re installed zfi. But to no luck. Even tried starting with stock settings(zfi pulled out completely). Still no luck. I just installed fresh spark pkugs few weeks ago and made sure they were snu, so point in going back to checking spark plug. I heard someone saying that I need to reflash my ecu since I changed my main fuse. I am totally lost. But would keep posted. ?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would try to check the spark plugs again, got told by an experienced rider. I am sorry, but I dont need to reflash since I changed my main fuse and also the map works over certain rpm, whereas my bike wont even start. No point in those topics. Would Keep you updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.