Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my beater will not crank at all. i just put in a new battery about 1 month ago. okay wait let me start from begining. i try to start the bike and it wouldnt crank at all. i figure its the battery since i do not ride this bike very often. i go buy a new battery, charge it full, and then put it in. still will nto crank at all. i shift through the gears a bit and mess with the kickstand and it starts. about 2 weeks later i try and ride it and it will not crank at all again. the battery cant be totally drained where it wont even crank sinc ei just rode it about 2 weeks ago for a long time so the alternator must have charged it fully. im thinking maybe its the kickstand switch or the clutch switch???

oh by the way its a 1982 xj550 maxim. oh and also i just noticed that the headlight does not work at all. the tail lights do and the turn signals but the headlight will not work. does this have something to do with the biek not starting???

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does it roll start when this happens ?

if Yes then its your carbon brushes in your starter.

next time this happens, drop the bike in first and rock it foward, next shift back into neutral and try again.

make sure that the terminals on your battery and solenoid are not corroded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts