Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
`04 here we come
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'04 YZF-R1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available!!!

Specification:
Titanium thickness: 0.889mm
Conical: 35ƒÓ-42.7ƒÓ
Length: Oval, 380mm (90/130)
Perforated Core: 50.8ƒÓ/45ƒÓ tapered
Oil filter exchange: detach the exhaust pipe
Oil exchange: detach the exhaust pipe
Passenger's foot peg: OK
Sound DB: 102db/1
�@

�@

You must remove pipe to change oil filter...this is on the tiforce.com site.

·
Thriller
3,610 Posts
That would suck!

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Greg Crowe said:
Since TiForce is making Graves systems..................................
Actually Ti-force, graves and arata headers are all made at the same plant by the same people.....but each makes there own cans.....from what i was told at the dealer expo in indy this weekend....and from what i gather each system is going to have oil filter problems......DAMN, sounds like were getting into race bikes..............lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
One word............ Akrapovic (unless M4 comes out with a 4-1 system instead of a 4-2-1).

The more I think about it, we may be screwed with any full system since the engine/frame/entire bike is more narrow and compact.

Another issue is the heat thing. Several magazines have complained about the underseat heat and one magazine complained about the cat throwing off heat onto the right leg. #1 gut the cat, #2 carbon fiber cans. The heat issue may be enough to force an exhaust system change.

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Greg Crowe said:
One word............ Akrapovic (unless M4 comes out with a 4-1 system instead of a 4-2-1).
retail for the ak is $2400.00....Get out the big bills.....arata and graves are around 1400-1500.....and easily match in quality build and power.....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dragon129 said:
retail for the ak is $2400.00....Get out the big bills.....arata and graves are around 1400-1500.....and easily match in quality build and power.....
$2400 Ouch!!! :rant

The difference shouldn't be as great as it may seem. You'll have to buy the Graves direct and pay that $1400-1500. You'll never pay retail for the Akra and can probably mail order it for under $2K.

Either way......... even $1400-1500 is WAY TOO MUCH for an exhaust system. I can buy an entire Borla stainless steel system for my car for half that. May have to give M4 a call and see what they are doing.

·
We All Crave More POWER
321 Posts
Dragon129 said:
:bs

The Akrapovic will retail for $1,600-$1,800 depending on Ti or Fiber. Higher than most. Not $2,400. I had a dealer call them for me last week.

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
rambor1 said:
'04 YZF-R1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must remove pipe to change oil filter...this is on the tiforce.com site.
I have to disconnect my can from the footpeg mount every time so I can get that extra 1 inch of clearance in order to get my filter out. It takes all of what... 2 minutes?

Yamaha needs to get on board with HOnda on this one and make it so you dont even need to pull off a fairing to get to the filter:thumbup

8,542 Posts
I'm confused....:dunno

If a 4-2-1 full exhaust system is installed, then u have 2 remove part of the exhaust when changing the oil filter? But if a 4-1 full exhaust system is installed, u dont have 2 remove the exhaust when changing the oil? :iamwithst

·
My R1 Is My Therapy....
424 Posts
Bigg-e said:
:bs

The Akrapovic will retail for $1,600-$1,800 depending on Ti or Fiber. Higher than most. Not $2,400. I had a dealer call them for me last week.
Where you at the dealer expo in indy?....Because i was and i talked to akrapovic directly and thats how i learned the retail pricing.....Unless they lied to me......either way, just passing on the info

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
im glad i got my 99 ! haha

(nah just sour grapes...)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Greg Crowe said:

The more I think about it, we may be screwed with any full system since the engine/frame/entire bike is more narrow and compact.

Another issue is the heat thing. Several magazines have complained about the underseat heat and one magazine complained about the cat throwing off heat onto the right leg. #1 gut the cat, #2 carbon fiber cans. The heat issue may be enough to force an exhaust system change.

I had dual carbon oval under seat Exhaust installed on my yamaha 02.

The heat they are talking about is the actual heat generated by the pipe not the canister...the pipes lay right in the middle and move downward....thats why there heals or legs get a rath of heat.

I actuall experience this with mine, but it wasnt that big of a deal..as far as my knees not being able to touch the frame..thats because its a black frame...heat from the engine and sunlight is going to make black frames a pain in the ass.

Unless the new stock system for the R1 comes in aluminium, last I heard or read it was TI, then heat is not an issue as far it being extracted from the canister itself.

a passenger who gets on the new 04 R1 is not going to have a problem with heat....its the driver because the pipes run right underneath it....so drivers will have a sweaty ass...

cant wait lol...

·
Registered
587 Posts
these pipes you guys are talking about getting...man t hats far to much money...as soon as I get my 04, its heading over to HMF to get my system developed.

and I know for a fact HMF is not going to sell there full exhaust system for 1500 dollars or more... and for the ones that dont know anything about HMF...HMF are the guys behind Fast by Ferraci (sorry for the mispell) when that team was racing...HMF was the company that built those exhaust system for the duc race team...

HMF pulls serious numbers and can compete with any system on the market today...

I'll be sure to get prices for you etc and dyno runs on my R1 once they are installed. For now I'm getting a SLip on, find out about a full system later this week...have to wait first to get the damn bike...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts