Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Yo Yo!!
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought it online on closeout today. Its got great reviews. Any of you guys own an RS-1? If so, how do you like it? Do any of you guys out there dislike it?

Appreciate the comments - Jameshtx

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
I've got one. It's not as plush as my Arai Corsair V, or Bell Star. But for the price it's not too bad. It's my race helmet of choice, because crashing the other 2 hurts the wallet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bell is all that I'll wear. I've had a Star for almost 4 years now, and my father has an RS-1. Both are extremely nice helmets.

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Bell is all that I'll wear. I've had a Star for almost 4 years now, and my father has an RS-1. Both are extremely nice helmets.
I wouldn't go that far. They're good helmets, but they don't match the fit and finish of Arai or Shoei.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had both Bell and Arai helmets. I crashed in a Bell Star and it saved my head from cracking open. So I'm good there. The fit and finish was just fine. I now got an Arai RXQ and I'm not completely sold on it due to the lack of aerodynamic stability and it's tendancy to lift at higher speeds. As much as I loved the Bell, the noise is just too much to deal with.

Here's my question: is the RS1 a better street helmet than the Star? Is the noise level any better on this helmet when compared to the Star? For those who own both, can you give us some of your thoughts on this? My favorite feature on the Star was it's great stability at speed and it's great air flow.

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
My RS1 is track only, so I haven't paid much attention to noise. But off hand I don't think the noise difference is even noticeable between my RS1, my Star, and my Corsair. As said above, the RS1 is a fantastic helmet for the price. Just don't expect it to be similar to the Star. The Star has a softer liner and just feels more 'comfy'.

And you're comparing Bell's flagship helmet to a middle of the road Arai. Not really apples to apples.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Venom X/O
23,230 Posts
I love my RS-1 like I stated before. So much so I bought another one. The feel of it is as good as my AGV GP-tech. Had a Shoei x-12 for a short time because the crown didn't fit my head correctly, but id even compare the RS-1 to the Shoei for comfort and venting. I've never purchased an Arai because I've never felt the need. I've owned $500+ helmets and I've owned $200 helmets. They crash the same :crash

Just remember the better the helmet vents the louder it is. I only ride with ear plugs, so noise for me is a non issue. How you guys ride without them is beyond me :lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts