Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bell Star RSD Black Beauty Carbon Helmet

I got the Bell for $329.99 on Black Friday from STG. For the fit and finish it’s a $329.99 to $450.00 Helmet. At the full MSRP price of $650 I rather stick with my Arai RX-Q. I got the Bell as a beater helmet. The field of vision feels narrower than my RX-Q and the shield lift stops are not for me. Over all for the Price of $329.99 it’s worth it. It’s too cold here in MA to take my bike out so I can comment on the noise and venting. I wear a size Med in the RX-Q and in the Star. The liner in the Star is soft but the RX-Q feel much better. It looks bigger side by side. I will update the review when I ride in it. I do like the fact you get a nice helmet bag.

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats my fav design from the star lineup.

How does it look/feel ? I keep hearing reviews saying that the shell size is pretty huge.
The Star feels more oval and the pressure is felt much more on top of the head. The liner feels soft but at the same time feels cheap. It feels like a microfiber cloth and the RX-Q feels like silk.

Here some side by side pic of the Star next to a RX-Q.

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size you wear and I think stg has the bigger sizes still. That's my beater helmet and I love how much air it flows.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a medium. I live about 15 mins from STG I go there all the time lol but yeah I missed out on a brand new one for $325 by seconds I was just clicking on buy it now when the guy sold it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts