Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
If speed kills quit taking it
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(
Anybody ever attempted to straighten one??
It's about 1c.m lower on the right than the left. I was thinking of using car jacks to try and push it up but I'm scared of snapping the aluminum rails or bending something else.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Trash the bike, sell me your pipe....J/K 1cm shouldnt be to hard to bend back...too bad they welded the subframes on... Good Luck

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
bent like this???

Attachments

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
or this?

Attachments

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
:bash

Attachments

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
lil R! said:
it is like plugging a tyre.....you can do it, but the dead can't tell you their negative feedback
The sub frame is only out 1cm... I could see if it where worse, but 1 cm?? You can bend that back know problem..

·
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That'll polish out...

To the guys who keep suggesting that i buy a new one are you talking about the complete frame?? i'm assuming you're aware that the 2001 R1 has a sub frame that is welded to the main frame and cannot be "replaced" by simply unbolting.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Mine was bent on my 01 when i slid it and i got it straighened and never had one problem, and i used to take my friends out on the bike and some of them are big guys. you cant see it very well in this pic but it is bend a few inches down on 1 side.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Also is possible to buy a sub frame for the R1's below the 02 model, because there not dettachable.

·
Until it sleeps
5,432 Posts
Yamahuh said:
the 2001 R1 has a sub frame that is welded to the main frame and cannot be "replaced" by simply unbolting.
I was just about to say that...
My subframe is about 2cm higher on the left side at the very back, plus its pushed over to the left about an inch :( havnt tried to straiten it yet.

·
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Originally posted by R1LOON
Mine was bent on my 01 when i slid it and i got it straighened and never had one problem,

Did you straighten it yourself or did you get it done by somebody?
how was it done (jacks, pullers, big bastard heaving on it??).
Enquiring minds need to know.:jump

1 - 20 of 32 Posts