Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Candy Freakin Red
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which helmet design from Arai is the best?

RX-7, Profile, Vector, Quantum????? I'm looking to get a generic color than have it painted.

thanks

·
KneeDragger
5 Posts
Its not necessarily that ones better then the other, yes the RX-7 is the most expensive but the reason they have the other types is so they can keep true to there word about havin the broadest selection of helmets for different shape heads, if you go to the Arai website you can see for yourself how each type is designed for a certain shaped head.

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
i have crash tested the rx7 the helmet is amazing the only thing hurting was my pocketbook in order to replace

as they said rx7 is the most expensive....also check out suomy or shoei

·
Jeckle
3,383 Posts
The RX-7 is the best. I agree when it comes to weight, perforamnce etc. But man it is BIG :dollar :dollar . Shouldn't have 2 of them but can't help myself :dundun: The noise is another story though :( I have the Vector as well, heavier but definitly quieter.

Racing and track days the Rx-7,,, out for a ride,, the Vector. Great Helmets all the way around though, wouldn't wear anything else,,, just my opinion

·
Jeckle
3,383 Posts
The RX7 also made the RR4 which is not the same as the Corsair. Hence, my question.
I'm slightly confused but then again that's normal :dundun: RR4, I've never heard of it BUT that means nothing, getting a little more specific about what I know, I do know this ARAI makes helmets to fit "almost every shape of head" and for now the Rx-7 Corsair is the most expensive model they sell. Because it has the best of the best interms of what "THEY" think a helmet should have. When you watch Moto GP, FIM World Superbike, AMA Superbike you will see the majority, if not all of the Arai wearing riders wear RX-7 helmets. Is it the top of the line helmet that ARAI produces,,, well I am going to go out on a limb and say yes, based on what THEY say and what I have read and what I have decided personally. Damn,,, I need another beer :hammer:

·
Candy Freakin Red
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

·
Jeckle
3,383 Posts
Well put. And even tho I own an Arai (quantum), everyone tells me the best helmet on the planet is the Shoei X-eleven.
I've heard the same thing about them, I almost bought a Shoei, then I tried on the Arai and it just fit better.

·
My R1 eats my gurda
423 Posts
its all preference.. any ways the arai sticker, windshields, whole helmet, shape... its what makes me love it. and i understand people who love shoeis but my im never gonna get something else then an arai (or suomy.. i love them...... ooorrr maybe an AGV if it looks really nice and fits good)

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
the X-11 and the RX-7 are in a smiilar price range they are both good lids honestly go try them on and see whta you like

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.