Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to know everyone's opinions about best aftermarket exhaust for 2016 R1. I don't have money for a full system. I prefer the 3/4 system. I want to eliminate the cat.

I want people to hear that crossplane and it to be deep and loud. Is it possible is a better question?

What exhaust is best for those things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went with Hindle ☺ BEST 3/4 exhaust for the price sounds like a beast, awesome performance and literally 1/3 the cost of a Graves (not knocking the Graves. Great exhaust but it's a fact)

AJ

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What y'all think about the M4 gp2 exhaust? The all black long skinny one? It sounds good on youtube

·
Registered
290 Posts
another vote for the hindle. With money saved I would rather spend it on other stuff (brakes, etc...)

·
Just trying to go faster.
88 Posts
Austin racing for the win. I went with Hindle at first and yes it does have a nice crisp tone. I think crisp is the perfect word to describe the sound. Honestly best bang for your buck. And it gets loud of course at higher rpms but not as deep as it could be.

Then I went Austin Racing and the sound is no comparison. It’s so deep and sounds like a damn muscle car. You lose torque at higher rpms but if you don’t care about that then definitely go get yourself one you won’t regret it.

+1 for Austin racing

·
Build Quality Police
924 Posts
I can't make up my mind between SC Project - more top end horsepower, sharper looks, lighter weight but ear bleeding loud...

Attachments

·
Build Quality Police
924 Posts
...and Akrapovic - more midrange horsepower, not loud at all and a fit and finish that is unmatched in this business.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 130 Posts