Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
My R1 eats M1.
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the hunt for a nice pair of gloves, but as for being a mr perfect.
Its hard to find one, when you want the best of the rest.

Suit - Dainese Rossi replica kangaroo perforated 1pc.
Boots - Alpinestars Supertech R
Helmet - AGV Corsa Turtle

Gloves - ???

I'm wondering if the motogp riders are having full kangaroo or cowhide gloves.

Now for the big names and after reading allot of reviews.
Alpinestars gp pro - Cowhide and offers Good Protection
Dainese full metal pro Cowhide - offers The Best protection of any glove.

Unknown Held - Titan/Phantom 2 - Full Kangaroo Leather - Good protection

Wich brand would you guys prefer, cause i feel like a woman in a shoe store :no

·
11,741 Posts
I got the handroids after trying on a pair they crashed in at STG. They looked brand new still. By far the most comfortable gloves I've worn. You forget you have them on. That's the best I can say about them. Also I've never been attacked by a bear while wearing them or been stuck in a volcano so that alone is worth the price.

·
I once slept for 15hrs
59 Posts
the other ones I forgot to mention are

www.ricondi.com.au

met smarty on another website and does some custom gear for great prices. I know he did an amercian themed pair once. they might be up your alley?

Smarty is a really nice guy and I know that he has a guy in the us that is selling his stuff. Smarty is a racer also.

Send him an email and ask for some photos you might just be suprised.

I have dainese, alpinestars and rev'it. The quality of is his gear is good.

I just noticed he is doing an oz themed glove. These will be coming to my place!!

·
My R1 eats M1.
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'll try anything, to make sure i get what i want and not that i need to settle with,

The alpinestars colour scheme i do like allot, and it would pit perfect to my setup only one thing, when i wear the glove i feel like i can do a cage fight with a bear it feels so rough. Dainese feels a little bit better but the protection on the fingers is cutting in my knuckles.

Never heard of knox or scorpion and those other brands you guys mention so that kinda stings aswell.

The knox for example look awesome.

http://www.ricondi.com.au/track-day-race/race-spec-gloves/r-tech-gp-racing-series-glove-special-edition-51.html this is my second favourite. But i can't try them on damn :(

will try it today if the weather clears up

·
37,490 Posts
Average consumer astars and dainese have been known for seam blowouts. Think protection, then comfort.

·
My R1 eats M1.
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Protection is my nr 1 priority, however if the comfort is't good i think it will fail in your protection aswell, maybe on the street not so much but track days it will.

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
Average consumer astars and dainese have been known for seam blowouts. Think protection, then comfort.
I've not experienced that with the A-stars I've had: SP-3 and GP-Tech (low slide while wearing GP-Tech)

:dunno

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,468 Posts
Agreed. I've seen a couple cases of failure as well. Those RS Taichi are a motherfvckin' steal. They're highly praised in general, but those look very solid. I'd probably snag those...

·
damn turkeys
29,378 Posts
RS taichi gloves get my vote. handroids didn't hold up very well after two wrecks, a-stars have come apart at the seams in the past (multiple pairs), and i've burned through multiple cheaper brands/pairs in single wreck incidents. i got 5 wrecks out of my old pair of RS taichi's and will be going back to them. heroic or held i would also consider though.

·
ROWDY
12,169 Posts
RS taichi gloves get my vote. handroids didn't hold up very well after two wrecks, a-stars have come apart at the seams in the past (multiple pairs), and i've burned through multiple cheaper brands/pairs in single wreck incidents. i got 5 wrecks out of my old pair of RS taichi's and will be going back to them. heroic or held i would also consider though.
Holy Shit Dude!!! :scared No wonder your gloves take a beating! :lol

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts

·
I once slept for 15hrs
59 Posts
I'll try anything, to make sure i get what i want and not that i need to settle with,

The alpinestars colour scheme i do like allot, and it would pit perfect to my setup only one thing, when i wear the glove i feel like i can do a cage fight with a bear it feels so rough. Dainese feels a little bit better but the protection on the fingers is cutting in my knuckles.

Never heard of knox or scorpion and those other brands you guys mention so that kinda stings aswell.

The knox for example look awesome.

http://www.ricondi.com.au/track-day-race/race-spec-gloves/r-tech-gp-racing-series-glove-special-edition-51.html this is my second favourite. But i can't try them on damn :(

will try it today if the weather clears up
I just noticed that you aren't in the states. I didn't check that before I posted. But I am pretty sure a pair of those are going to end up at my place

1 - 20 of 29 Posts