Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
I miss my R1
2,975 Posts
My advice is to avoid joe rocket like the plague... my first pair of gloves were a pair of joe rocket speedmasters and the palms basically disintegrated from just gripping the bars on my bike within maybe 3 months. All ragged with bits of material practically falling off.

Bought a set of AGV silverstones to replace them, they were $70 and maybe worth $20. Very first time I pulled them on the cuff tore at a stitch, returned them and bought a set of Icon Overlord shortys, which I love. They are comfortable, look nice, are amazingly well built and were reasonably cheap.

I know everyone hates Icon, but I love those gloves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the full metal pro's, I effin love them best glove i've owned so far. Haven't been down on them yet but they feel amazing and are very durable.

·
My R1 eats M1.
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lol you guys make it hard i need one pair, but here are so many different opinions, at least i know now that joe rocket sucks :hammer:,
anyway i ordered the knox handroid and it should be in the shop in 5 days.

Hope it fits right.

·
ROWDY
12,166 Posts
I think it depends on what you expect to do to them, in what you need to get. If you track all the time, then you need something real tough and great protection. If you run the streets, I have had no problems with my Astar's and full metal pro D's Things will tear up if you don't take care of them. :lol

·
My R1 eats M1.
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think it depends on what you expect to do to them, in what you need to get. If you track all the time, then you need something real tough and great protection. If you run the streets, I have had no problems with my Astar's and full metal pro D's Things will tear up if you don't take care of them. :lol
You'r right about that, thats why i wanted a glove for both street and track
I think on the long run. more track then street.

I will post some pics when i have them.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
15 Participants
Gearheaded
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing