Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LIVE EVERY MOMENT!
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best helmet you have worn?

whats the quietest helmet you have worn at high speeds??

thanks guys

my shoei rf1100 is killing me these days. looking for ideas

·
Take the red pill
6,794 Posts
Earplugs are a given....

Quietest helmet on the market is the GT-Air. I couldn't deal with the split view shade though. Everything is else about it was money.

Best helmet I've used is the AGV Corsa from riders discount but its' use is 3/4 to full tuck.

I use a rf1200 most of the time.

·
LIVE EVERY MOMENT!
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just torn between new rf1200 , aria rxq and nexx xr2 carbon. Not for about look at all just want a great performance lid

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
go go juice gonna make me win
1,065 Posts
i own shoei rf1000, ogk f4, and bell star. bell star is most comfortable. shoei might be tad quieter, don't remember since been a while when last worn. but i wear earplugs now too, so irrelevant there. ogk and bell have simplest visor change. bell most aerodynamically stable overall. bell highest quality material, though i've heard the new shoei's are really nice. just comparing to one i have. also bell came with nice helmet bag. i've read bell has awesome ventilation, but i find it hard to tell between em, i'm always hot as balls regardless.

my friend has a suomy. prob lightest of the main brands. not quiet, quality seems very nice. unique designs tho. not sure about visor change.

other friend has arai. very nice all around. visor change sucks balls. unless you do it enough to get good. but even an expert will be slower than bell or ogk.

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
You should hit the local dealer and try on everything. The best helmet I have worn is the one that is killing you currently, so you might not have a Shoei head. I love my current RF1000. It is light weight, comfortable, and quiet. I also wear ear plugs.

·
LIVE EVERY MOMENT!
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should hit the local dealer and try on everything. The best helmet I have worn is the one that is killing you currently, so you might not have a Shoei head. I love my current RF1000. It is light weight, comfortable, and quiet. I also wear ear plugs.
I do love my shoei rf1100 but all of a sudden its extremely loud. Even with ear plugs its painfully loud. I cant understand why. I have all vents closed

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
166 Posts
Best has been the Pista GP or Corsa so far. Very stable, reasonably quiet and awesome FOV.
i find my AGV Corsa rip roaringly loud lol. I never wore ear plugs with my old GP-Tech but after submitting it for warranty and AGV offering me a full refund of purchase price or repair. i took that money and put it towards the Corsa.

Nice helmet overall, very little buffeting but i couldn't stand the wind noise so now i wear ear plugs.

oddly enough i know everyone hates on icon gear but i borrowed a buddies alliance while i was waiting for the Corsa Turtle to be released and that overall was a really quiet helmet when it came to wind noise. the lens was piss poor though and the lack of a chin curtain really was bothersome.

then once i got the Corsa i borrowed my buddies RF1100 and still wasn't impressed with the noise levels and probably just determined it was me but im curious about the GT-Air now.

·
Miguel - LuCkY NJ Officer
2,557 Posts
do you have the chin curtain installed ?

also go on revzilla or shoei's website, you can get replacement parts.

·
Luccckkkkkeeeeey!
258 Posts
I've tried a handful of helmets but always come back to Arai for the comfort and lack of road noise. I'm still wearing my RX-7 but wouldn't be opposed to a Corsair-V if they would just come out with a design that I like. They're slacking in that department this year.

·
Moving sucks...
10,143 Posts
There's no good reason not to wear ear plugs when riding. Hearing loss sucks. Shelling out a thousand bucks on hearing aids when you're older sucks more and having to wear them every waking minute just to be able to communicate with people is really something I hope to avoid.

The only upside is that you'll hear less nagging from the wife. :lol

·
Yeah so I blew myself up!!
504 Posts
Comfort wise I have a Suomy Spec 1R that fits great. I had a Suomy Gunwind that I loved but sadly it served its purpose and had to be retired. The Spec 1R is reasonbly comfortable not very quiet though accept at certain angles.

I always wear ear plugs. Learned from track days and kept doing it ever since. Recently convinced some friends to wear ear plugs on a long ride and they said "why the hell didnt I do this sooner" lol . A lot less fatigue and no ears ringing.....:436:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
14 Participants
Torn7th
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing