Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Young and Stupid
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so, i have a 900mhz hp laptop now, has a lot of stuff on it, its getting kinda slow, (20 gig hd), the audio output is broke, etc,
i've heard the powerbooks are good for multimedia stuff and web design......what other laptops might you all suggest??
i.e. maybe someone with a good student discount? i think apple has a pretty good student plan thingy....

·
If my R6 had boobs,I'd lick'em
1,633 Posts
My Compaq Presario 2100 is pretty great. I got an AMD 2400 xp-m with 512 megs of ram , 30 gig hd, dvd/cdburner, 14.1 inch screen, built in ethernet/modem

Love it, would recommend it to anyone. Only cost me around $900 after a rebate.

As for those powerbooks, speed to speed, mine is faster than any powerbook version out right now. Apples laptops aren't up to par when it comes to speed.

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
i have a 2.4 ghz p4 Toshiba laptop... its great.. i love it..

IXI

·
Suicide Kings Racing
2,192 Posts
about 40 min. ago, before reading this post, i bought this:

VAIO FRV28 Pentium IV 2.80 GHz 15 inch XGA TFT 512 40 DVD-RW 56k - 10/100
Ethernet Win XP HE

·
Life On Wheels
190 Posts
I've done my reviews for future purchase and this is the one that caught my eye the most - Presario X1000 series at www.compaq.com . Wide Screen for me and the new Intel Centrino mobile technology I heard is fast and good battery life if you like to go Wireless.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
im running on acer centrino yeah n its wireless.
pretty useful n gd for multi tasking.
though they state the centrino speed at a smaller figure. but its buffering (watever u call that) is twice than that of normal pentiums n can do things faster.
oh n e batt life rocks !:p

·
I eat my R1
1,069 Posts
by best do you want the best value, or best performance? sorry but any laptop that cost less than my videocard is a POS dell gateway sony whatever, just like a pc you get what you pay for.

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
Sam56n said:
about 40 min. ago, before reading this post, i bought this:

VAIO FRV28 Pentium IV 2.80 GHz 15 inch XGA TFT 512 40 DVD-RW 56k - 10/100
Ethernet Win XP HE
sam... when i bought my Toshiba Satellite .. its a

Pentium 4 2.4 ghz, 15 inch , xgatft 512ddr , 32meg gforce4,
60gig hd , 56k 10/100 ethernet, 802.11 a/b wireless lan winxp

for the great low price of $1299 after rebates.. and best of all.. NO INTEREST FOR 2 YEARS!!!

i thought the vaios were kinda expensive. for what you got.. dont get me wrong they are beautiful and you can vere go wrong with a sony...

IXI

·
Young and Stupid
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, ok, here's what i want to do....
i go to school at ou, about to be @ the health sciences center if i get into med school....some places around here have wap's so i would like a built in card....i also would like to be able to do multimedia on it, and i need to transfer all my old stuff on there too, and most of the time wheneverit is at home, which also has a wireless network, it is hooked up to my stereo system, mostly for music.......

so, what i THINK i need, is something halfway fast, wireless built in, video and audio outputs, and lots of memory, and able to run a lot of windows at once...like to cruise the forum, study, type, and listen to music all at once, sometimes mine will start slowing up pretty quick, i think its got like a 20gig hard drive, 256ram, 900 mhz, hp....btw, thanks for all your prior suggestions.

·