Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
The track eats my wallet
195 Posts
check out any ktm with the lc4 motor. i've got a 625smc and absolutely get a hard-on every time i grab the throttle. pulls like my R6 up to ~80mph. and has maintenance intervals that aren't like other motards (7500 mile valve checks, and ~2500-3500 mile oil changes). they're great bikes... and the motors have been known to last upwards of 50k miles on a regular basis. some as high as 70k before they rebuild the topend just to get some "giddup" back. ;)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
heres some new picks of my motard...doing braketech rotors soon deciding on stainless or iron? installed quickshifter and new seatcover just did a weigh in and dynoed her after 10k on big bore,cams,crank etc..still pumping close to 110 rwhp at the 356lbs dry..stock motor did 5k till rebuild...16k total

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Go with the Ktm stick with the newer 690smc they have a lot more hp you won't be disappointed I can kill drz's all day with a passenger and I only do regular oil changes every 3000 miles I'm at 28000 now no problems

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
15 Participants
arcenik
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing