Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am due for an oil change and just wanted to take a survey of what other R1 riders are using in their engines. Basically, what kind of oil and filter works best for you guys? I appreciate it, guys!

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
what do you mean "search button"?
...the button that says search. It's kinda cool...lets you search.

Everyone...EVERYONE has their own opinion on oils and filters. There are literally dozens of these threads every month....read on.

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts

I use Motul myself
:lol i was hoping you would post that....

...the button that says search. It's kinda cool...lets you search.

Everyone...EVERYONE has their own opinion on oils and filters. There are literally dozens of these threads every month....read on.
:fact :yesnod

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
Motul 300v 5w-40 oil and scotts billet oil filter. Yes it cost some doe but this is my baby and she gets the best. :flex: :flex: :flex: Like everybody else is saying it depends on the person.:sneaky

·
THE MAN
3,743 Posts
way more important how often it's changed than who's name is on the bottle (so long as it is made for your application).

·
Aces and Eights
3,829 Posts
Motul 300v 5w-40 oil and scotts billet oil filter. Yes it cost some doe but this is my baby and she gets the best. :flex: :flex: :flex: Like everybody else is saying it depends on the person.:sneaky
That Scotts filter is reusable right? You like it pretty well? I've heard about them, but never knew anyone with one.

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
That Scotts filter is reusable right? You like it pretty well? I've heard about them, but never knew anyone with one.
I love the scotts filter and yes it is reusble. It filters incredebly well and even has a small magnet to catch the smallest metal fragments. I service it along with the oil change and all you have to do is clean it wil carb cleaner and let it dry and put back together and you are good to go.

·
unleash the beast
8,615 Posts
Motul 300v N k&N filter

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.