Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I sold my 2002 R1 6 months ago, but am ready to buy again. As much as I would like an '04, I'm not sure I want to wait and pay all the money. What do you think is a good deal OTD on an '03. I am in So Cal, if you are anywhere else let me know what your local sales tax is so I can adjust.:thumbup

·
Its how ya ride it that counts
44 Posts
Wont really help ya as we just get taxed on everything

Tax,Tax,Tax,Tax paid £8400 for a 03 work that out in dollars.

then think yaself lucky :yesnod

·
If my R6 had boobs,I'd lick'em
1,633 Posts
Sorry to use your thread man......but I gotta ask....

Holy damn, theres used ones going for those prices in Dallas. Would it be very much trouble to buy one from there and get it to Dallas, Texas?

·
I'll have it soon enough...
74 Posts
This is where I got my RR. I would have had the 03' R6, but they sold out too fast. The R6's were going for $9,400 OTD at the beginning of summer when I got my bike and I know for sure the prices came down. Go to the "Buy Online " section and fill out a form for an OTD qoute. If you like the price the reply with, you give em a call and they'll hold you a bike for three days. Service isn't top notch, but their prices compensate for it. They're right off the 405 close to the LAX airport. Good luck finding one! :hellobye

La Cycle Sports

·
Registered
591 Posts
Guys,

I'm in Los Angeles and looking to buy a new '03 R1.

What do you think I will have to pay out the door?

That place in Missouri (referenced in this thread) lists $8499.99, which is a heck of an interesting figure. All I'm hearing from dealers here is $10,000 OTD. But it's early in the game, right?

Thanks.

Mark
anyone should feel free to e-mail me directly on this
[email protected]

·
74 Posts
Hey Mark, I know the 03 R1's were going for under MSRP at LA Cycle Sports. Just do that online qoute thing in my earlier post. The mark up here in Cali is retarded. Maybe you could get one out of town for a great price and ship it home. Good luck to you too! :)

·
Love 2 High-side
324 Posts
Isn't there a 7,500 mile odometer requirement in order to register a 49 state bike in CA? Otherwise we'd all buy out of state bikes, right? Check with the DMV before you buy a non-CA bike.

·
74 Posts
Apologies to you guys, I was tired last night and had a couple drinks before posting. The R6's were going for $8,400 OTD and the R1's were going for somewhere below $10k. I really don't know what I was thinking...:crash

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
Jimmy22 said:
Hey Mark, I know the 03 R1's were going for under MSRP at LA Cycle Sports. Just do that online qoute thing in my earlier post. The mark up here in Cali is retarded. Maybe you could get one out of town for a great price and ship it home. Good luck to you too! :)
I heard that LA Cycle Sports is under investigation for using old school bait and switch advertising..

·
74 Posts
I know a dealer was under investigation in LA, but I'm not quite sure and I'm not about to point fingers. I pointed them out because I haven't seen anyone else in La that can compare to their prices. I e-mailed them one night, had the bike the next afternoon. No problems for me!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll let you all know soon. I have used LA Cycle Sports pricing in the past to get a price match at another dealer. I have been quoted between $8,700 - $9,200 at best + tax & fees.....I'll just have to see how bad they try to hit me with dealer fees.

·
Damn that R1's ......
730 Posts
Ronin R1 said:
I remember seeing a couple at Mission Yamaha for about $8500 sticker price.
Some guy qouted me 9900 OTD

Sticker, tag ....7999 + 1100 in frieght....:bash

I want to buy from them to support the neighborhood, but.....:finger

I'm not stupid.

·
74 Posts
Hmm...I got a straight qoute for $8750 OTD for my RR when I e-mailed them. Got there later that day and the price never changed. When I had gotten there, I asked if they had anymore R6's left and he said they went like nothing..."We were letting them go for $8,400 OTD." Good luck though!

·
Still Breaking it in
43 Posts
capital yamaha in costa mesa is where I picked up my bike, it was 8400-8500 dont remember the exact price and then they tac on all the tax and all that. My 5 year unlimited mileage warranty was only $500 or so $900 is insane!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts