Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering which would be the best high compression pistons for the least amount of money. I was speaking with Brandon at Graves and they are sold out. So, JE, Wisco????what do you guys think. Let me know thanks guys

·
My dog Banshee kicking ASS!!
1,123 Posts
JE all the way. They have really great customer service and are very knowlegable of their products. Not to mention Millenium Technologies recommends them, and that's good enough for me. I believe JE makes the pistons for Graves. I could be wong though.

·
1,123 Posts
Oh by the way I just remembered, if your interested I have a set of High Compression JE pistons for sale. $450, brand new, never before used. Let me know if your interested.

·
1 Litre Gixxer Eater
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DogBoneR1 said:
Oh by the way I just remembered, if your interested I have a set of High Compression JE pistons for sale. $450, brand new, never before used. Let me know if your interested.
Are they standard bore? and do they come ith the rings and all that other jazz too? thanks:D

·
www.csidesigns.com
308 Posts
I've not ever used JE motorcycle pistons BUT if they are like the rest of their line(SRP included) They are top notch and you can't go wrong with them. I use them in every customer's race motor including my own. I've never had a piston failure with them unless it was other factors(ie timing, broke valve...etc) If your wanting pistons JE are the ticket.

Brian

·
1,123 Posts
ca412686 said:
Are they standard bore? and do they come ith the rings and all that other jazz too? thanks:D
Yup, they have everything and are standard bore. Actually JE recommends that you use stock Yamaha Rings. I have those too, and will throw them in with the kit if you want it. The kit pretty much includes everything that you need to install the pistons. Just not the gaskets to reassymble to engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts