Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Tuesday folks! Just want some general input here. Where is the best place to send my ECU for a flash? SBU, BAUCE...where and why? Some background to the question...Bike is stock aside from two bros slip on, sprint air filter, and -1 on the front sprocket (520). I'm wanting to delete the cat with the two bros link pipe. Of course want the gains from these mods, but reliability is most important to me. We all know of countless examples of people who have put and exhaust and flash on the bike and it runs too lean/rich or the power is down because the flash map is crap...Just want my bike to be done right. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Bike will run too rich with any generic flash on the ECU.

If you want reliability

ECU flash + Dyno Tune +Live tuning/AFR data log on the road.

Been there and done all of that. I’m only suggesting this because you mentioned it in your first post.

Get rid of the 2 Sisters and get some gear. 😂

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bike will run too rich with any generic flash on the ECU.

If you want reliability

ECU flash + Dyno Tune +Live tuning/AFR data log on the road.

Been there and done all of that. I’m only suggesting this because you mentioned it in your first post.

Get rid of the 2 Sisters and get some gear. 😂
Bro...I saw a previous post of yours recommending SBU, so I went with that. hahahahaha. Two brothers isnt my first choice but Im clearly no track rider so i like the sound and look for my bike. I don't have a Dyno guy i trust here in Nashville but I'll probably go the autotune route before riding season starts. Thanks for the insight DarkHorse!

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Bro...I saw a previous post of yours recommending SBU, so I went with that. hahahahaha. Two brothers isnt my first choice but Im clearly no track rider so i like the sound and look for my bike. I don't have a Dyno guy i trust here in Nashville but I'll probably go the autotune route before riding season starts. Thanks for the insight DarkHorse!
ECU flash and AutoTune. That’s gonna give you great results.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Happy Tuesday folks! Just want some general input here. Where is the best place to send my ECU for a flash? SBU, BAUCE...where and why? Some background to the question...Bike is stock aside from two bros slip on, sprint air filter, and -1 on the front sprocket (520). I'm wanting to delete the cat with the two bros link pipe. Of course want the gains from these mods, but reliability is most important to me. We all know of countless examples of people who have put and exhaust and flash on the bike and it runs too lean/rich or the power is down because the flash map is crap...Just want my bike to be done right. Thanks in advance!
View attachment 1016630
I’ve experienced great results with XPlane tuning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts