Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
R1-aholic.
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering on what the consensus is from the forum on the best, or at least your favourite 1 pc race suit. I am looking at grabbing a new one for the track season next year - I am a heavy track day rider, and plan on eventually getting into club level racing (once I turn down the suck a little). So, what suit do you think is best for that level of riding, and why.

I currently wear a Joe Rocket two piece (as seen in my avatar), and like it. It's a good suit and has done well by me so far. I also have a Komodo Ceno Jacket (thanks R1-forum!) on its way. I am thinking about making the step up into a 1 pc for track riding. Opinions?

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
Komodo :fact Hands down in my opinion the race suits they produce are the closest thing to a factory rider suit you can get :fact

I forwarded this link to Gawarrior... he got ran into and took a huge tumble at the track (even made Road Racing World's crash pictures) and the suit held up incredible!

Here is a few shots of mine...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
Hands down the Komodo.

I have raced in the Komodo FX Suit for the last year, with 5 crashes. The suit has help up unbelievable. It is also the most comfortable suit I have ever worn. But that isn't the best thing, the best thing about Komodo is the service you will get from them. They have hands down the best service out there. One of the owners was at every National I was at this year and asked me everytime if there was anything I needed. He didn't have to do that but he did. You won't get that from any other company.

Here are some pics of the crashed suit.

Attachments

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
Here is one of the crashes the suit held up for.

Komodo has different levels of suits also, and offer custom suits so there is something for everyone. Please let me know if I can be of anymore help.

Chad

Attachments

·
Talk to me Goose
1,703 Posts
Gawarrior that was a wicked crash man. Great photos of it though, glad to see the suit held up for you . when did that happen?

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
Gawarrior that was a wicked crash man. Great photos of it though, glad to see the suit held up for you . when did that happen?

It was actually back in May.

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
What's up Pav...? Long time brotha how you been?

·
Talk to me Goose
1,703 Posts
What's up Pav...? Long time brotha how you been?
Shane, what's good bro? I'm doin awesome. How bout yourself? Yea I've been looking around for a suit to step up my level of safety.

This Forum dominates, i wouldn't imagine riding without the info that is so readily available here.

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
I'm good working like a MAD MAN like always... Let me know when you are ready there is 2 lines of new Komodo suits out.. I'll get you taken care of.. Keep in touch!

·
Talk to me Goose
1,703 Posts
We definately can see the hard work you have been putting in every day. I'll let you know about the suit. I have been thinking about Kangaroo leather.

Believe it or not, I once was a 4 year varsity soccer player (much lighter than i am now) and I loved my Copa Mundial Adidas soccer shoes that were made with kangaroo leather. What are your thoughts on cowhide vs kangaroo?

·
Team STG Racing
67 Posts
I have never worn a Komodo. But I have worn Teknic, Joe Rocket and currently wear Alpinestars MX-1.

I love the MX-1. If fits perfect and is cool during the summer.

I recently crash tested it at Talladega GP :(

In a crash that saw me tumble and slide for a long way resulting in a major concussion, 2 broken ribs and a shattered collarbone...my suit held up great. Some minor rash on the back hump and shoulder area (where i landed) but the suit is still in excellent condition and has no punctures. I will still be able to wear it.

Unfortunately, my Shoei X-11 wasn't so lucky, it is ruined :(

·
I Ride Alone.
2,491 Posts
Another vote for Komodo. I have the FX and love it.

·
Banned
432 Posts
If you can get a quality suit made with Kangaroo skin you cant go wrong. Its roughly half the weight of cow hide & more abrasion resistant. Its amazing how much lighter the Kangaroo suits are than cowhide suits - especially when you wear them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.