Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I feel the need for speed
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If any locals can keep us updated if TDOT will allow through traffic on 129, Surely they have at least one lane open during the day. that would be great.

Otherwise does this look like the best route from I75 south. Coming though KY.

Knoxville/maryville -- tellico plains -- robbinsville- to fontana villiage.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1808+Stockton+Way,+Lexington,+KY&daddr=Tellico+Plains,+TN+to:Robbinsville,+NC+to:Fontana+Village+Resort,+NC&geocode=FRFGRQIdjoH2-ilHc99tGkRCiDG7wAT5wrTKEQ;FSeYGwIdOcb5-imrm7vXm95biDFiX13D2XjmPA;FfL7GgIdWTMB-ymhFrijXsZeiDFDnNdSoDE46Q;&abauth=1d79090a:1RBAcpqcB72fLrJFdqcCBVF2N78&hl=en&mra=ls&vps=4&jsv=242c&sll=35.448225,-83.801136&sspn=0.078032,0.181103&num=10

Thanks Guys.

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
Well Jason, at least you would get to evaluate the Skyway first on four wheels then come back and do it on two. Hopefully you won't have to detour.

·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at another route thats 20 miles longer taking I40 around the opposite way but should take 30 minutes less which is what I will do.

Is there a race that day that there goign to show at the CROC and what time. I might try and shoot for that.

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
Is there a race that day that there goign to show at the CROC and what time. I might try and shoot for that.
Speed Channel's schedule is hard to figure out sometimes. Best I can tell they are airing the Italian GP live at 8am then re-airing it 6pm all on Sunday the 6th. The Moto 2 race will be at 5pm Sunday. This is not what they had listed a week ago. Not for sure what time your coming in Jason, but we can ride to the CROT if you want. I plan to watch it. :thumbup

·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a plan, I will try and leave early enough to make it. If all else I can meet ya down at the crot and ride back.

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
Sounds good Jason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
Skeeter
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing