Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· R1 Rider forever
141 Posts
So, its loud, i got that much, but what kind of sound are we talking about here......deep sound, or the opposite?
Are we talking stihl chainsaw or weedeater sound? BMW like or honda civic (no offense if y'all own one)?:cool:

· Phoenix to L.A. in 3 hours...
2,818 Posts
bhargavsridhar

Go to the video section of the page, there are video clips with sound of a few different popular exhausts.

· Registered
325 Posts
pipe

i have always gone with micron. they are awsome quality. they sound awsome they have a deep powerfull sound. I have heard a d&d pipe and no offence to anyone who have one it is all personal preferance. but i think they are to tinny sounding to me. makes a r1 sound like a r6. no what i mean. plus d&d looks very small. I just put the full serpent exhaust on my bike. It kicks ass. 147hp at the rear tire.

· Registered
84 Posts
Re: pipe

funat185 said:
i have always gone with micron. they are awsome quality. they sound awsome they have a deep powerfull sound. I have heard a d&d pipe and no offence to anyone who have one it is all personal preferance. but i think they are to tinny sounding to me. makes a r1 sound like a r6. no what i mean. plus d&d looks very small. I just put the full serpent exhaust on my bike. It kicks ass. 147hp at the rear tire.
Best pipe on the planet is Acrapovic. I run the Evolution on my bike, it's rated for 120 dB. It's a real nice sounding pipe, fairing quiet in the low RPMs. But then you open her up, she wails.

· :)
384 Posts
the akra. in my opinion still sounds sweet, but i didn't want to shell out the $$$$ for it. i got the two brothers and i love it..... very deep and pretty loud, but not too loud. i have sound clips of before and after if you (or anyone else) is interested...... :rock

· Fierce on two wheels
143 Posts
MIG high pipe. The silencer is only 4" in diameter round and the pipe is huge. Deep throaghty superbike sound and if you open it up alot its very loud. Like "they can hear you 5 blocks away sound". i always get kicked out of laguna seca for it so its more than 130dp at 20' away.

· Il Padrino
1,981 Posts
If you really want loud (like i do) you need to get a full system because the exup valve muffles some of the noise. I think the D&D is the loudest and sounds great! It is just a little higher pitched than many of the others because it uses a straight 2" pipe whereas most others expand to 2.25".

I'm thinking of getting a Yosh system for my '02 and custom fitting a D&D canister.

· Sparks flyin'...
99 Posts
I'm going to have to say Akrapovic too. I have a full-Ti system on my R6, and it sounds sweet. I can't imagine how good one would sound on the R1! They are top notch finish quality, ultra light, and they sound awesome. Like was said above, they offer a low raspy note at low RPMs, and a formula howl at the top. A good stealthy pipe around town (people give it looks when I'm just cruising because it sounds so good), and when it's on cam, it has the most high-performance sound of any I've heard. You'll love it.

SCott

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.