Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
R1's little buddy
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Listen get your hands on these BRISK SPARK PLUGS.

I installed them and DAMN they :rock . Never thought a spark plug could make a difference, but made everything smoother and crisper. What a huge diff.

visit www.briskplugs.com for the DL (Down Low) and you can buy them off of www.2wheeljunkie.com

Just post what you think of them when you get them, to compare results. Damn for the :dollar :rock

·
R1's little buddy
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone else tried these????

Want to know what others think?:boobies

·
need...more...trackdaysss
764 Posts
maybe your older ones were just real dirty ?? crappy contact ?? Maybe a good clean and gapping would get similar results?

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts
In the past some companys have come up with "snake oil" plugs that have had heat range issues.
Ive seen peeps end up with hotter heat ranges that would give the snapier responce, but possibly promote preignition issues.
While these Brisk plugs may be the shizz Id like to see a unbiased comprehensive comparison.
Here are some of the brisk heat range stats.
Plug Heat Range
DOR14LGS 7.5
DOR12LGS 8.5
DOR10LGS 9.5
DOR08LGS 10.5
I hope they prove to be a reliable advantage for our spark plug applications, but meanwhile Ill stay with NGK EKs, and R0045Qs.

·
I am dangerous.
842 Posts
I had good results with Denso Iridiums in my car, but I dont know about these plugs...

·
Ghostrider Squadron XO
6,317 Posts
I've planned on using these on my bike right after break in when I change the exhaust and remove the AIS, figure it will be easy once I'm in there anyway. Glad to know they worked well for ya.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Has anyone got around to try
Brisk Premium AOR10LGS on an 04/05 R1?

www.yanashiki.com

have them for around $52 shipped.

Bike is ready for its 29K service and I wanted to try something else besides the OEM plugs.

Thanks!

·
New R1 Owner
211 Posts
I tried some plugs like this in my twin turbo car and wasn't impressed. The original poster seems TOO excited. No dyno results (seat dynos are useless). Sounds like snake oil to me. --Jerry

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks. I was not able to find any feedbacks on them, so I'm going w/ Iridium IX for now.

No Twilight said:
I tried some plugs like this in my twin turbo car and wasn't impressed. The original poster seems TOO excited. No dyno results (seat dynos are useless). Sounds like snake oil to me. --Jerry

·
yield
17,851 Posts
No Twilight said:
Thank you....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts